Community > Forum > National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) > NASA Planned Manned Venus Flyby

NASA Planned Manned Venus Flyby

Posted by: Rocket Scientist - Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:10 am
 [ 26 posts ] 
NASA Planned Manned Venus Flyby 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 am
idiom wrote:
The Iraq/Iran war will be the end of the VSE if it keeps up.

I didn't want to say it ... (except the Iran thing)

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:42 am
They're getting a new president soon, one that are not attacking countries based on "the word of god" hopefully, so they might start spending less on operations abroad.

Profile ICQ
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 am
Quote:
They're getting a new president soon, one that are not attacking countries based on "the word of god" hopefully, so they might start spending less on operations abroad.
I'll believe that when it's approved by the congress, not before. It's always been science having to pay for budget problems. Once this useless war is over no doubt the Americans will find another reason to shoot some holes in constellation (which in my opinion sucks anyhow but at least it's something)

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm
IrquiM wrote:

Is that what people in Europe think? Wow. That's not even true. All the current presidential candidates are poor choices for president in my opinion.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 pm
Rocket Scientist wrote:
IrquiM wrote:

Is that what people in Europe think? Wow. That's not even true. All the current presidential candidates are poor choices for president in my opinion.

Then please enlighten us Europeans on what's really going on. (and i mean that sincerely, i know i have to talke all media with a kg of salt.)

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:21 pm
Stefan Sigwarth wrote:
Rocket Scientist wrote:
IrquiM wrote:

Then please enlighten us Europeans on what's really going on. (and i mean that sincerely, i know i have to talke all media with a kg of salt.)

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but Bush's war has nothing to do with "the Word of God". That's just silly. When Bush detailed his case to invade Iraq his case wasn't based on Biblical grounds. He sued other arguments to push for the war. This war is about money and power on all sides. Hopefully, the new president will end the war quickly and bring our soldiers home. They don't need to be there. Unfortunately, for me all the major presidential candidates have many views that I oppose. But if they decide to end the war in Iraqi I would support that. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 am
Thanx for clearing that up.

Allthough i must point out that we Europeans got the idea that he justified war because of his religious believes, he didn't went into the war because of it.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm
we can't assume that an entire continent thinks anything.

Some people here dont like Bush but having said that, a lot of people probably do like him. Europeans think a mix of things, as Americans do.

We can only say how we see things ourselves. "Europeans" as one entitiy didnt get the point that Bush went to war for any one reason. Each european sees the situation differently.

Stefan, you may have thought that, but i didnt and i am sure a lot of other people saw it differently to both of us.

Lets try not to generalise here. Everyone is there own person with their own thoughts.

Now back to the topic :P

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:49 pm
Yes, back to Venus. I've been reading one future use for Venus is colonization. Have floating structures around 60 KM above the surface. The pressure and temperature (~60 degrees F) at that altitude (1 atmosphere) is very Earth-like.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:14 pm
maybe JP Aerospace could do something along those lines?

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:08 am
JP just need to fly pot plants on top of their balloons...

Profile ICQ YIM