Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > Blue Ridge Nebula's Family team is kicked out of X-Prize

Blue Ridge Nebula's Family team is kicked out of X-Prize

Posted by: Sigurd - Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:21 pm
 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Blue Ridge Nebula's Family team is kicked out of X-Prize 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue May 25, 2004 9:40 pm
Diadem wrote:
Hehe, s'coo. For those who dunno how to interperet the jargon in that court decision, IFR means Instrument Flight Rules (meaning flight ops while conditions require an instrument rating) an instrument rating is basically certifiying a pilot to fly when he can't see outside and has to fly using just instruments in the plane. and he had no commercial lcertificate, which means he shouldn't even be flying for money, and he didnt have his air transport pilot cert., so he's not supposed to fly people for money, either... those are big nono's, and it doesn't say much for his character that he would do something like that... but as always, there may have been extenuating circumstances to which we are not privy (though I couldn't imagine what). Oh, he also used a plane not certified for air carrier operations under part 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations, and he apparently didn't even complete the required exams, currency req.'s, or competency checks... that is just a huge list of bad, bad things he did. I can say for almost certain that he isn't a pilot anymore... or if he is, not for long...

Let me summarize that: the FAA is insanely good at finding rules that people have broken. If they really don't like what you did, they'll tack a bazillion minor charges onto the main ones just for shits and giggles. If this guy was dumb enough to break major rules (like that), I'm seriously surprised he's not in a Federal Pen' somewhere..... Oh, wait, we're not sure he's not........ Actually, that's a rather interesting idea.... Maybe the Foundation just found out that the address he was sending and receiving this stuff from was a prison...

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue May 25, 2004 10:16 pm
They also have a few catch all rules they toss in there every once in a while, if they really don't like you, lol. But seriously, guys. the FAA is obviously made up of a bunch of racists whit peple who dun understind, an who lake critical think skill <low blow, I know... I'm mean.> :twisted:

On another note... I think we've beat this <relatively> unimportant topic pretty dead.

Location: Alexander, North Carolina, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Flying Flapjacks ... Blue Ridge Nebula was right!   Posted on: Sun May 30, 2004 1:13 am
author wrote:
At least the V-173 was an interesting aircraft (although I did not follow what possible connection it has to Blue Nebula :) ). See http://www.daveswarbirds.com/usplanes/aircraft/flapjack.htm. Also, I could not find any evidence that Lindbergh flew it, but I suppose it's possible. ...

Well, BRNA was right about one thing, Charles Lindbergh DID fly the V-173--three times, actually. The full story is at:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/pancake.htm

So I give them that one :) ... but I am still not ready to book a flight to Pluto.

--Ralph

http://1vid.com

Profile WWW