Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Regulations

Regulations

Posted by: cj422 - Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Regulations 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Regulations   Posted on: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
his post is off the wall I know, but here goes. I have been in High powered Rocketry for all my adult life , but now it seems that the goverment is taking away everything we that love this hobby have got to give. Im not saying there shouldn't be regulations, but they think we should only fly kites with mom and dads permision. This hobby have probably kept more kids off the street and out of gangs than any hobby out there. But people say its all politics. I believe it , If the goverment doesn't get there big chunk of cash then just make it hard on everyone else. Go to any rocket launch you want to and see how many kids and young people are out there enjoying themselves. When you take the fun out of this hobby for the youth then the youth will leave the hobby.....

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:13 pm
I think, although in my bad books this week! Starchgaser have tried to do that, make fun events for kids. Though perhaps its a money spinning publicity thing :)

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Money making politics   Posted on: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm
What I don't understand is , if the members of the goverment want to give themselves a raise, they do it at our expense. Heck they can even pass anything through illegal or not if they want. We just want to fly our rockets, but we have to go through the hassle the goverment imposes on us. We abide by thier rules , no matter how it sucks. But be one that wants to be elected into a goverment office and who do they come running to, the same ones they take away all the previligies from...

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:51 pm
The government is less interested in enabling people to do good things than it is in preventing people from doing bad things. If there is even a 0.00001% chance that terrorists could get weapons technology from amateur rocketry, they will restrict amateur rocketry.

Profile WWW