Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > How much would you pay for what?

How much would you pay for what?

Posted by: Rob Goldsmith - Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
How much would you pay for what? 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post How much would you pay for what?   Posted on: Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 pm
Guys
Just wandering, on here we all all pretty enthuiastic about the prospect of space tavel!

I recently did the Starchaser Questionanire and most of the Qs were about how much you would pay for what?

And be honest now! id like to know what you would pay for? and how much!

Would you pay the 100K price for a 4 min flight?

Would you pay 1/10th your annual pay towards a flight?

If not what percentage of your annual pay would you spend on it?

Would you pay to go in a rocket to less that Space?
Personally i wouldnt see the point! i want my SpaceWings not 10k on a fairground ride!

You guys got any more?
Its a strange thing but it realy will be for the super rich until its atleast below 25k i think!

Thougts please ;-)

Rob

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu May 31, 2007 2:02 pm
I think I would pay 1/10 of a year's pay for a 4 minute suborbital flight, but for me that is WAY less than $100,000.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How much would you pay for what?   Posted on: Thu May 31, 2007 6:13 pm
Rob Goldsmith wrote:
Its a strange thing but it realy will be for the super rich until its atleast below 25k i think!

Super rich, or Norwegians you mean ;)

Personally, a few years from now (only 27, and need to fix my house first, before I even go on vacation), I wouldn't mind spending as much as 20-30k as long as I was part of an exclusive group, i.e. first 10k to get the wings or something...

Profile ICQ
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu May 31, 2007 6:23 pm
I think that I might pay 1/10th salary for a suborbital 4 minute trip (assuming I could hide it from the wife of course) but like Peter this would be much less than $100k.

doing anything less than a full sub-orbital space trip seems pointless as it only equates to something like a stunt rather than fulfilling an ambition. If a rush is all you are after there are many ways of getting one, going into space is something entirely different that speaks on a different level to thrill seeking, at least to me anyway. :)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:00 pm
Andy Hill wrote:
I think that I might pay 1/10th salary for a suborbital 4 minute trip (assuming I could hide it from the wife of course) but like Peter this would be much less than $100k.

doing anything less than a full sub-orbital space trip seems pointless as it only equates to something like a stunt rather than fulfilling an ambition. If a rush is all you are after there are many ways of getting one, going into space is something entirely different that speaks on a different level to thrill seeking, at least to me anyway. :)

If one could finally get some working space habs up and running, I don't think there would be any shortage of people to work or live there.