Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > The Electric Model

The Electric Model

Posted by: Sigurd - Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:41 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
The Electric Model 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post The Electric Model   Posted on: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:41 pm
I was wondering what others think about the Electric Model... It sounds nice.. but how much science is it ? is it possible ? or is it already proven false ? any info about it ? :)

For those who have some time to watch this 1+ hour movie:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... g-sl&hl=en

I think it's a must to see... Especially the comet part in the later half.. it really sounds.. convincing..

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:50 pm
I've seen the video last week and it is interesting to say the least. Simply put, they say that the current view of the gravitational-universe is incomplete and doesn't explain several things. Thus, they add electricity and all factors of that included. It is certainly very compelling evidence what they show, but certain things sound a little bit too fantastic.

But if it's true, we would have solved our spacetravel problem in an instant.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:34 pm
I just watched the whole video. There really isn't much new there, although much of what they discuss is perhaps not well disseminated to people who do not study astronomy or physics. It started out a little strange, but possibly just really good out of the box thinking, but they really lost me when them mentioned Immanuel Velikovsky. I had never heard that nuclear chemistry says neutron stars cannot exist and I question the accuracy of that statement. The comet stuff is especially unconvincing to me. I found nothing strange about the deep impact mission results and do not agree at all with the statements made about comets. In the end, it seems unjustified to just throw out nuclear fusion as the source of energy in the Sun without first identifying the outside source they are postulating.

But maybe I am just the dupe trapped in conventional thinking that they say most astronomers are. Maybe they are on to something. They will have to prove it though. And there are much harsher critics than me that need convincing.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:31 pm
I think the easiest way to convince (or prove it to be wrong) is just test it, I think there will be future comet missions anyway.

Personally I really don't know what to believe.. except that I just hope that future scientific missions will give us verification of one of both theories.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 pm
The deep impact mission was supposed to do that for comets. The dirty snowball people said the mission proved that comets really were dirty snowballs and the anti dirty snowball people said the mission proved they were NOT dirty snow balls. :roll:

Personally I think there is a lot less water and a lot more dust and rock on comets than the dirty snowball people say. I am kind of in the snowy dirt ball camp. I think the mission proves THAT. So the deep impact mission is like the bible in that it proves what you previously believed, no matter what it is that you believe.

Profile WWW