Community > Forum > All other competitions > da Vinci

da Vinci

Posted by: Irving - Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:27 pm
 [ 35 posts ] 
da Vinci 
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:50 am
The point is that the actual project head advised newspapers that there would be an announcement of a Da Vinci launch date on the 18th.

There wasn't. There still hasn't.

If the project is going to schedule and this is all some sort of publicity stunt I would be rooting against them winning, every company should show SOME respect for the public, we're going to be their customers and right now I wouldn't consider giving Da Vinci several hundred thousand dollars (not that I have it to give).

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post don't write da Vinci off so quickly   Posted on: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:44 pm
i agree - it's bad press and relations to make an announcement - then nothing .. they must have lots of pressures we aren't aware of (as drooling space-hungry 'fans') .. look at the x-prize main page - under 'The Latest News' and see a picture of da Vinci's Brian Feeney .. he made it to the conference .. he obviously has priorities .. cut the guy some slack .. i know - we all want cheap tickets to space - LIKE RIGHT NOW, but be realistic - it's gonna take a few months to make these things space worthy .. are you willing to be their guinea pig? for a free ride to space? a good question for a drooling space-fan is: what level of risk would you endure for a free ticket to space? 50-50? what's your risk tolerance level? :roll:

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:48 am
Well, that's disappointing... :?

Post    Posted on: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:57 am
If I built a rocket, I could easily be the first to sit on it, but I don't theink I could stomach putting someone else on something I built and hadn't tested extensivley... It would be tantamount to manslaughter.

Profile ICQ YIM
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:39 pm
It is a little strange that the hype turned out to nothing, but it could be for good reasons. Maybe da Vinci had trouble getting a launch license. Maybe they became more cautious about putting a person in a rocket. In any event, since the team leader Brian Feeney came to the X PRIZE summit (as rocketsail pointed out), I still think Da Vinci is making progress.