Community > Forum > General Corporate > Where's the thrill?

Where's the thrill?

Posted by: dinkin - Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:20 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Where's the thrill? 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Where's the thrill?   Posted on: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:20 pm
It's in the anticipation. In the Space-Shot.com weather game, you anticipate the weather and see if your prediction prevailed as the day unfolds. Can you think of any similarities to other popular games?

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: Where's the thrill?   Posted on: Fri May 05, 2006 11:08 pm
dinkin wrote:
It's in the anticipation. <snip>Can you think of any similarities to other popular games?

Outside of weather prediction, 3 that come to mind are:

1) the stock market
2) a mail-in game I used to play called DuelMasters (I guess it is now known as Duel2) -- http://www.reality.com/dmprosp.htm . Unfortunately, not nearly as many people play anymore, so I quit. Each arena used to have about 30 teams; now on a good week there's only about 4.
3) Back in the old days, I played a couple of BBS games, Can't remember their names, but one was an arena combat one and the other was an empire building game. You set up your turns, and then the next day you log in to find out whether your strategies were successful or not against both human and computer players.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Alternative game requirements   Posted on: Mon May 08, 2006 3:23 pm
Stock market predictions are regulated by the SEC.

DuelMasters is not popular enough. A game need to be simple enough to attract millions of customers.

BBS games require more than one move per level. Weather prediction, you predict once per level.

Any other ideas?

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: Alternative game requirements   Posted on: Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 pm
what is with you, anyway? Everytime I say something, you have to act insulted, shoot it down, whatever, just so you don't have to give anything I say a fair hearing.

You asked for examples for games with anticipation it it -- I gave you examples.

I give up. You won't be getting another cent from me, and you won't be hearing from me again.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Sorry Alan!   Posted on: Tue May 09, 2006 10:47 am
I am sorry Alan. My goal in starting this thread is to try to play a game of twenty questions to try to show why the weather game and other popular anticipation games are similar and that the weather game is the only reasonable design choice given the business goals of SpaceShot, Inc. to get people into space and the legal strictures we are bound by. Clearly I goofed and surprised you by my response. No insult was intended.

Odd that you say I shoot things down so I don't have to give them a fair hearing. If a fair hearing is desired, let's hear more.

Thanks for playing and corresponding! Let me know at refunds@space-shot.com if you want your money back for your remaining level 1 plays.

Profile WWW