Community > Forum > General Corporate > Do you think your life will change if you win?

Do you think your life will change if you win?

Posted by: Runfast - Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:27 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Do you think your life will change if you win? 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Do you think your life will change if you win?   Posted on: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:27 am
I was just thinking about what would actually happen if I won a trip into space. The cash prize is a lot of money I could really use. I also was thinking about the cool factor of flying into space. Can you image being that perosn who gets to tell people what its like in space. Cool.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:40 am
And beeing able to tell what it's like in space, may help to get money as well ;)

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:35 am
I think the first regular person in space is going to a spot on a late night talk show, that might pull a little money. You think any advertising will come from it.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:18 pm
I will probably just take the cash. My dreams of going into space went bye-bye with my back/knees/ankle at Maxwell AFB.

I will make one prediction, though -- if I (or some other non NYC NWS meteorologist) win, there will probably be some sort of congressional inquiry. Free trip to DC?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Meteorologists   Posted on: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:19 pm
If meteorologists win two in a row, we will have to change the rules of the game to make it more attractive to non-meteorologists. So far the leader is a graduate student in human migration.

No Congressional inquiry required. The rules do not forbid meteorologists. Just the other day, both AccuWeather and Custom Weather were off by more than 15 degrees. The Congressional inquiry might be into why our weather forecasters can be beaten by ordinary citizens.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: Meteorologists   Posted on: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:44 pm
dinkin wrote:
The Congressional inquiry might be into why our weather forecasters can be beaten by ordinary citizens.

That's the point I'm trying to make... and when i testify I will tell them that I was one of "their" forecasters and I just decided to do something else after getting death threats from several June brides who's weddings got rained on.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post June brides   Posted on: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:42 pm
Don't the brides know that any ultimatums are supposed to precede the weather? The consequences from a prediction in the wrong direction are enough to predict rain every Sunday.

Profile WWW