Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Actual cost of current Rocket systems

Actual cost of current Rocket systems

Posted by: FerrisValyn - Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Actual cost of current Rocket systems 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Actual cost of current Rocket systems   Posted on: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 pm
Hey, I am doing a reserch paper, and I am trying to find the average costs of launching on American launchers - specifically, the Delta IV, the Atlas V, the Delta 7000 series. Also, if they are still in production, the Taurus and the Pegasus. I initially used the figures from encyclopedia astronautica, but then I came across some other figures - so does anyone know where I can either have or know where I can get accurate launch costs? I'd like to include, unless there isn't any sort of standard, launch range, third party insurence, and integration costs for each rocket.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:26 pm
According to Elon Musk of Space Exploration Technologies, no launch provider makes their prices public. SpaceX does, but have not yet actually launched a rocket.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:24 am
At home I have a link (only have to find it *g*) with launch cost ranges. In the meantime you can take a look at http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronLaunchCostWP.pdf

edit: just found the document where the link to the launch cost table were from:
http://www.gwu.edu/~spi/spaceforum/Mili ... fSpace.pdf

And please feel free to share your results with us ;)

Profile WWW