Community > Forum > Technology & Science > unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work?

unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work?

Posted by: cuervo_callado - Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:06 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work? 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work?   Posted on: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:06 pm
A mechanic and a high school student from Nebraska have designed a revolutionary vehicle. The design is so simple it's complex. It goes against everything we believe about flight... that is until you think about it. If these people are successful it could completely change the way we look at flight. They are unwilling to have the details of their design diclosed yet, but once it's up and running there will be no keeping it secret. And wait till you see the power source! A magnetic perpetual motion machine that acts as a generator!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:16 pm
and i'll believe it when i see it. if whatever it is works then well and good, more power to them, but i doubt it highly. probably something that works very well for a single purpose but has no other use (lifters, for example, though they MAY have a real use), if it's anything at all. of course i hope i'm wrong, but amazing, unexpected developements are usually frauds. science isn't a spontaneous event.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work?   Posted on: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:13 am
cuervo_callado wrote:
A mechanic and a high school student from Nebraska have designed a revolutionary vehicle. The design is so simple it's complex. It goes against everything we believe about flight... that is until you think about it. If these people are successful it could completely change the way we look at flight. They are unwilling to have the details of their design diclosed yet, but once it's up and running there will be no keeping it secret. And wait till you see the power source! A magnetic perpetual motion machine that acts as a generator!

Hrm... It sounds like the centripetal force drive... Something that a friend of mine came up with a while ago that works off of spinning an unbalanced weight around in circles in such a way that it moves you in a specified direction. Great for extraorbital work, don't know about its applications to aeronautics.

By the way, welcome to the boards! Two new posters in one day... That's *gotta* be some kind of a record around here.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: unbeleiveable-amazing-will it work?   Posted on: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:43 pm
Quote:
By the way, welcome to the boards! Two new posters in one day... That's *gotta* be some kind of a record around here.

i'd be willing to bet on it, lol.