Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Interobital Systems to Save/Hijack Hubble

Interobital Systems to Save/Hijack Hubble

Posted by: traveler - Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:50 pm
 [ 1 post ] 
Interobital Systems to Save/Hijack Hubble 
Post Interobital Systems to Save/Hijack Hubble   Posted on: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:50 pm
Randa Milliron (RM) is the co-founder and CEO of Interorbital Systems. RM was interviewed by NeoFiles (NF). Interorbital is actually planning on taking valuable assets like Hubble, which under current NASA plans will be lost, to a Moon orbital position and be maintained there.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/NeoFile ... .asp?id=24

The big question is can Interorbital pull this off in time remaining?

NF: Do you think the L5 concept of space colonization is still operative?

RM: I'm not really a fan of that. I'm a fan of going to the moon directly. Actually our latest idea is ... the space station right now has a limited lifespan. And we're thinking that it would be a good idea to take that and the Hubble and move them to the moon rather than let them burn up in the atmosphere, which is their fate.

NF: Hubble should be saved. But Hubble is going really soon, isn't it?

RM: I think I heard that it was 2006. [Ed: they're saying ?around 2007 ? 2008.?] Hopefully we'll be up and running by then and able to offer our services to ferry it to the moon.

NF: (laughter) That would be a coup.

RM: Wouldn't it though. That would be the most fantastic observatory imaginable. You have no light pollution. You have no atmospheric pollution.

NF: Hijack the Hubble. Reminds me of an old Paul Kantner and Grace Slick album. :lol: