Community > Forum > General Support > How to let the large public know about the xprize community.

How to let the large public know about the xprize community.

Posted by: Sigurd - Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:58 pm
 [ 20 posts ] 
How to let the large public know about the xprize community. 
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 pm
By the way - what about a short monthly or quarterly printed XPRIZE-journal? May be there is not enough to talk about in such a journal - would it be possible to get special XPRIZE-sections in existing printed journals?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:31 pm
HUmm, I think only the X PRIZE Foundation can do it, not us.

SpaceRaceNews of course can always have something on our own, but I don't think we're allowed to call it X PRIZE.

A lot changed, we're no longer the official X PRIZE Forums( those do no longer exist), we are on our own, SpaceRaceNews is (and will a lot more in the future) include a lot more than only X PRIZE.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:41 pm
What's the reason of no longer being the XPRIZE-forums? I have overlooked some informations I suppose.

Did the Foundation no longer want a forum or is it because of the enhancement? Or soemthing else?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

EDIT: In between I had a look to the XPRIZE website and then remembered something - is the reason that a new forum is under construction?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:51 pm
Quite likely. They're not going to want two X Prize forums. I also think that we were never really the "official" forums; they just let us go because they didn't really want to bother with it at the time (and they also likely lacked the manpower). And, unfortunately, they seem to have decided that, instead of annexing what was already here, they would rather build their own forum. Ah, well.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:29 pm
Well, we where the official x prize forums;
http://www.xprize.org/teams/index.php

this linked to us previously (forum button) and previously the forum was located at:
http://www.xprize.org/forum/

Because I became the admin, I wanted to have the forum more frequently updated (patched with security etc), because the webmasters has almost no time to do so.
Also webmasters change very often at the X PRIZE Foundation, so each few months I have update someone else that the forum existed.

Since it moved to xprizenews.org, the forum got alienated by the X PRIZE Foundation, since new webmasters thaught it was not part of the X PRIZE Foundation.
One of the latest webmasters, offered to let me build an other new community, but because of again "new changes", that idea is already back "dead".
So I see it as more chaotic, because there is no real priority for a web community at the X PRIZE Foundation;

So it's better for us, to handle it all ourself ;) spaceracenews.com will still be xprize related, but also a lot more :)

Profile WWW