Community > Forum > All other competitions > Scaled/Virgin in CUP for test, marketing and advertisment?

Scaled/Virgin in CUP for test, marketing and advertisment?

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:47 am
 [ 19 posts ] 
Scaled/Virgin in CUP for test, marketing and advertisment? 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:39 pm
I don't recall the conversation the same way, and I did call and said so--and stand behind my earlier statements. If Mr. Gump doesn't want Antonov or the help of the Gov. of the State of Alabama--it's his loss.

The plan I detailed about how he and Mr. Rutan could travel to AL to talk Gov Riley out of the dome and help Antonov (now talking about adding western engines to new AN-124s) come to Alabama--with AN-225 funded in place of the dome) would help t/Space if successful.

Gump just didn't like my response to his Av Week article where he attacked Griffin and heavy lift--which I defended.

Maybe he could come onto this board and explain himself. His secretary told me that Gary Hudson did in fact speak with Antonov. I also offered the suggestion that they could speak to Evergreen. Perhaps they have already--but one never knows.In this weeks AV WEEK there is a suggestion that Beriyev might have a better firefighter concept.

My only point was that Russian expertise in heavy aircraft should be helpful to t/Space.

I do remember Gump saying he didn't want to speak with me--after grilling me about a letter I wrote defending Griffin. But he had to act like a baby.

Subterranean
Post    Posted on: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:45 am
Since it's doubtful that Mr. Gump has time to read these forums for guidance on how to run his business, or to defend his motives re: unsolicited telephone calls from a certain person in Alabama, how about ending this tirade? It's gone beyond off-topic all the way to name-calling, and that really has no place here.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:48 pm
I had let it end before you posted in an 'unsolicited' way--as everyone does when making contacts, first posts, etc.--so that favorite word of yours has no meaning or shock effect. First contacts always are. I had spoken to another person at the company and sent them an e-mail and was merely doing a follow-up. The man I had spoken with seemed rather positive.

My guess is that to get money, he is going to have to make phone calls (unsolicited or no) to get proper funding for his project. I had forgotten all about my AV Week letters in the phone call and wasn't the first to mention them--and figured he was the sort of man who could accept different views like water off his back like the fine folks here.

I was willing to let bygones be bygones and offer help with some connections I have made over the years.

If he doesn't want help with funding--or contacts or suggestions--that's fine with me.

Fin~

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:51 am
Jeff. You are very boring. Please stop.

DKH