Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > ...

Posted by: whonos - Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:42 am
 [ 33 posts ] 
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:08 am
It will be really interesting what the reactions will be if Bristol Spaceplanes have a successful flight from Malaysia in 2007 really.

This is more interesting than the success itself.

This I say because Bristol Spaceplanes

- are non-US,
- enable Malaysia and
- have a concept similar to Scaled Composites.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:05 pm
I must say that that I dont hold out much hope for Bristol Spaceplanes flying anything in 2007, a shame really because I really like the look of their craft (as you can probably tell by the fact I use it as my Avatar).

Their website has had nothing added for nearly a year and I've seen very little news about what they've been up to, apart from the article on a possible Malayan project which appears to have gone very quiet. I had assumed that they werent really doing anything to be honest.

It would be interesting to see some of the x-prize teams get backing from various governments around the world to create sub-orbital craft and what impact that would have on US policy. If other countries started to produce craft it might force the US to rethink its regulations so that it would not lose its lead in the field.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:44 pm
I think they are going to need out-of-state funding of some kind. Kathuria is helping Canadian Arrow after all. But if actual nations were to look at the X-prize folks--that might scare the Washington types into action.

Just call your rocket concept the "Gerald Bull Special" and watch how quickly you get attention.

But watch your back--or you will wind up like he did:

www.astronautix.com/lvs/tamouz.htm