Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > X-Prize games, beta testers request.

X-Prize games, beta testers request.

Posted by: Sigurd - Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:29 pm
 [ 15 posts ] 
X-Prize games, beta testers request. 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post X-Prize games, beta testers request.   Posted on: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:29 pm
Fellow X-Prize forum members,

As some of you know Matthew I. (The Legionnaire) created a great X-Prize Card game.
I'm currently developing a C++ version of it, making it possible to play it on the computer, with the computer or someone next to you.

I'm also porting an older small game I wrote for fun to an x-prize version.

On this way, the x-prize will have soon 2 computer games.

If you want to be a beta tester, you can sign up by sending me a private message on this forum.

Please include:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- computer information
--> Opertation system (windows xp, windows NT4, ...)
--> Other information optional
- The reason why you wanne be a beta tester

I'll need 10 people, when all is done, they will receive my new written software toghetter with a document to test everything step by step and report everything back to me.

They have to agree that anything that may harm their computer (from this 2 software applications) is not my responsibility and to make sure it's safe, they will receive the full source code of the software with it.

When all is tested, bugs and flaws are removed, the software will be free to everyone and the VC++6 source code will be public available.

Kind Regards,
Sigurd

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:45 pm
count me in. now come on people, you know you want to help :D

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:58 pm
Sounds like big fun I'm in.

Profile ICQ
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:16 pm
5/10 positions are full, 5 remaining.

In about 1 month, I'll send the beta testers the information with 2 games.
Sorry if it seems to be slow, but I can only work saturdays on it, my current commercial computer game is in the last year of development, so it's taking more and more time.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:13 am
i would be glad to help out testing the game(s)

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:54 pm
Hi Sigurd,

Thanks for working to turn my card game into a computer game.

If you've already played it with a friend or two, do you have any comments on the gameplay?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:01 am
The Legionnaire wrote:
Hi Sigurd,

Thanks for working to turn my card game into a computer game.

If you've already played it with a friend or two, do you have any comments on the gameplay?

The concept of the game is your work, we should thank you.

I never played it, I'll tell you when the computer is capable of playing it with me.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:27 pm
Hi Sigurd,

How's the game going? Any updates?

Thanks for all the work you've done.

Matthew

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:11 pm
The Legionnaire wrote:
Hi Sigurd,

How's the game going? Any updates?

Thanks for all the work you've done.

Matthew

Well, I've working yesterday on it, personally I'm kinda annoyed by the way I have to handle all the component and bonus card types, but I'll just make it just working, so hard coded, without a real editor beeing able to add new cards etc. (but you can do it of course in the sourcecode).
This card game would be better as a large Computer 3D game... where you kinda have to build stuff with visual objects, but that's just too much work..
Of course other programmers are free to invest a lot more time into it... and when my game is public to change my code.

With the second game, I've added a board xprize picture on the background and changed it a little into xprize style, but I have to rewrite a part to avoid licenced source code, else I can't make it opensource.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:01 am
just bumping this and wondering if you've been doing any work on the game sigurd. any thoughts on whether we want to see if we can set up moderators too would be appreciated, they would be nice but it doesn't really seem all that pressing right now.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:21 pm
TerraMrs wrote:
just bumping this and wondering if you've been doing any work on the game sigurd. any thoughts on whether we want to see if we can set up moderators too would be appreciated, they would be nice but it doesn't really seem all that pressing right now.

I have been very bussy lately... it's progressing.. but slowly..
Well.. I didn't got any answers about the moderators.. Diamandis told that someone would get in contact with us shortly.. but never happened.. well when someone start flaming in the forum again ;) I'll contact them... and just tell them that our proposal is still open.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:35 pm
Sigurd wrote:
I have been very bussy lately... it's progressing.. but slowly.. Well.. I didn't got any answers about the moderators.. Diamandis told that someone would get in contact with us shortly.. but never happened.. well when someone start flaming in the forum again ;) I'll contact them... and just tell them that our proposal is still open.

that's cool, if you have anything playable i wouldn't mind trying it if you feel like sending it. btw, how's your commercial game progressing, any intersting stuff?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:51 pm
TerraMrs wrote:
that's cool, if you have anything playable i wouldn't mind trying it if you feel like sending it. btw, how's your commercial game progressing, any intersting stuff?

When I have something playable... that is FUN to play ;) I may put it up on my webspace and give you(and others) the link.

And commercial game... well our website is currently down.. will be back on soon.. and when we put more info on the site ;) you'll know more...
Well sorry.. not all info is officially announced public so I won't put it on anywhere. I'll just say... It's progressing... about 75% ready.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:16 am
Count me in. I've got a Windows 98 emulator on our iMac at home (which runs OS 9.0), OS9 and OSX on my laptop, and ME on my Mom's computer at work, so I can potentially test four different systems (assuming you actually develop it for Mac OS 9 and X).

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:53 am
spacecowboy wrote:
Count me in. I've got a Windows 98 emulator on our iMac at home (which runs OS 9.0), OS9 and OSX on my laptop, and ME on my Mom's computer at work, so I can potentially test four different systems (assuming you actually develop it for Mac OS 9 and X).

Well, you can test the first (the simplest game) at http://www.xprize.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=241

The source code isn't released yet, cause I have to rewrite some parts to avoid sharing company source code. (used some collection classes etc).

Don't expect too much of the games ;) I just try to make "something"... but I can't create on my own a large 3d game, like I'm doing as my daytime job, but with a lot more people ;)

Next time people may search othello (when my website about it is up), they may see "xprize", and the othello version to play with up to 4 people is my own changed rules invention :) (but still possible to play by default).

How more info available... how easier people may ask "what is the xprize ?" ;)

The second game that is in development, will be larger with more future changes possible, the first release will be MFC style like the othello game, but it can be changed to a 3D game with real 3d objects(engine parts, fuel, ...) to be buyed, sold etc etc :) (it's the game idea from The Legionnaire)

Both projects will be in the end opensource, so EVERYONE will have a chance to make it better and to add his own changes ;) so I'm just making the basic code ;)

Profile WWW