Community > Forum > All other competitions > New X-Prize Goal

New X-Prize Goal

Posted by: p1c3rd - Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:30 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
New X-Prize Goal 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post New X-Prize Goal   Posted on: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:30 pm
Let's not beat about the preverbial bush here. The Man, Burt Rutan has done it again. Around the world non-stop flight, sub-orbital flight. So what next?

I want to quote an old, old song. "Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars"

There's you're next goal......
Let's go for the BIG one. Someone needs to put up a $50,000,000 prize. Let's push the envelope of private engineering, get a man to the moon and back. Imagine NASA's shock at a privateer landing on the moon. If any one can do it I believe Mr. Rutan can.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:55 pm
I think orbit would be the first logical step for Burt and his teams. But since it is way more difficult to get into orbit then 'sub'orbit, SpaceX will beat them for sure. Besides, as far as i know, Burt makes planes, not the engines...

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:38 am
lol
yeah would be great but thats a lot of money for someone to come up with
think the prob there is that it would take so long that people would become bored. keeping small steps means there is always cause for celebration when they are achieved.

On the black sky dvd Rutan aka GOD! has pictures of his ideas on his computer and he has massive plans!!!!!! they looked great, even if they dont come to light atleast he has the goals, also like the fact his team looked so young! makes me think of a conversation i saw on tv where people were saying when nasa went to the moon they had young enthusiastic staff. whoooooo

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:25 am
What WTN XPRIZE would you propose to achieve it?

Please have a look into lists incorporated in other threads that provide concrete examples of technology fields and concrete pusposes and goals.

In the technology section there are reported some recent technological progresses that could be subject to a WTN XPRIZE and some of them may be used as elements of orbital vehicles perhaps - which of them should be subject to a WTN XPRIZE?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)