Community > Forum > All other competitions > Not So Flyin' Brian...The Fat Lady Sings

Not So Flyin' Brian...The Fat Lady Sings

Posted by: harbinger1337 - Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:47 am
 [ 33 posts ] 
Not So Flyin' Brian...The Fat Lady Sings 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:06 pm
Perhaps but I think it's been proven a direct question to them can receive an answer.

Profile YIM
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:43 am
Nah, it isn't that DVP has decided only to announce solid news. A couple of months
ago Brian had a 'news' item at this site describing his 'kickin' plans for a 7-person
version of his little rocket, and also his goals for orbit. I think that he's just having
a hard time coming up with more interesting science-fiction.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:27 pm
Flyin' Brian says that DVP has built "The World's Largest Re-usable Helium Balloon" but the only evidence backing up that statement is a fuzzy pic of FB poseing in front of what looks like a very large roll of plastic :roll:

Look...if I had a team that built a "world's largest" anything I'd like to document my accomplishment thoroughly and completely, wouldn't you?!

In the case of DVP's balloon, if it's real why not invite the press to see it? Even if DVP invented some break-through helium balloon construction secrets they wouldn't have to show THAT to the press.

As for the "we aren't talking to anybody because they have been laughing at us all these months" theory, that could explain why pigs MAY be able to fly but they will never show us humans they can because we have treated them so badly all these years :wink:

And I do wonder what FB will present at the ISDC.... "How to fool a lot of the people most of the time"?