Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Collaborations with Blue Origin?

Collaborations with Blue Origin?

Posted by: NeuronExMachina - Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:08 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
Collaborations with Blue Origin? 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Collaborations with Blue Origin?   Posted on: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:08 am
As many already know, Jeff Bezos's company Blue Origin recently announced its plans to open a 165,000 acre test range in West Texas and build a suborbital VTOL spacecraft. I'm curious: Have any Armadillo collaborations with Blue Origin been looked into? Although West Texas is certainly a fair distance away from East Texas, they look like they might be able to provide cheaper range services than the government.

Of course, since Armadilllo Aerospace and Blue Origin are both working on reusable VTOL suborbital rockets, it's quite possible that there may be other areas of potential collaboration as well, particularly with regards to engine experience and software.

The two groups certainly have different approaches to PR, though, with Armadillo's extreme openness and Blue Origin's tendency towards being downright enigmatic.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:29 am
I doubt that the two have ever collaborated on anything. I suppose it's possible, but I haven't heard a word of any cooperation if it exists.

Profile WWW