Community > Forum > General Support > Section for SpaceX

Section for SpaceX

Posted by: slycker - Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:57 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Section for SpaceX 
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Section for SpaceX   Posted on: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:57 pm
Well, we now have sections for Microspace and STC - both of which don't seem to get very much in the way of posts on this site. Perhaps there should also be a separate section for SpaceX?

(I'd like to also say DVP - I think their final 4014 lb ultra-tested 4.5 mil thick custom extruded polyethylene balloon may not qualify as vapourware {I couldn't see the magic helmet in the pic anywhere}. Alas, though, as any real news on that topic seems to have died and fully sublimated into ... well, ... vapours)

Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:08 am
A look at the separate sections for Armadillo Aerospace, Space Transport Corporation and Micrspace shows that these sections all have a special property - they all have at least one moderator who is part of these companies: John Carmack, Matthew Ross, Philip Storm and Mr. Speck (don't know his surname).

Separate sections for SpaceX and DVP would require that Elon Musk and Brian Feeney agree to act as moderators. Because of some discussions about DVP in two of the sections of the board Brian Adams might not like to moderate a special section for DVP. SpaceX on the other side never has been competing for the XPRIZE - they are competing for the ASP only. Have there been any contacts between the XPRIZE Foundation and Elon Musk in the past? That would be a very interesting information. Perhaps the new design of this board we have to wait for a few months still may be a good opportunity to involve Elon Musk and create a special XPRIZE section related to the ASP message board Sigurd has been speaking of.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:27 pm
Hmm,
I wasn't really serious about BF, but I didn't realize the connection to microspace, STC and armadillo before. Thanks.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Ekkehard is right, all those forums of companies are their "official" forums, with their full support.

XPRIZENews.org isn't xprize limited anymore, but private space development, we'll also try to get more companies involved, but it's a lot of work... so please give us a few months ;)

Soon, We'll be offering more info related to ASP (american space prize).
It will be in a few months, and offering news etc about SpaceX will be part of it.
I also hope to get in contact with them in a few months.

Profile WWW