Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Possible Scam warning Do not lose your money!!!! (No Scam)

Possible Scam warning Do not lose your money!!!! (No Scam)

Posted by: jcstephenson717 - Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:44 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Possible Scam warning Do not lose your money!!!! (No Scam) 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Possible Scam warning Do not lose your money!!!! (No Scam)   Posted on: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:44 pm
Admin Edit:THIS IS NOT A SCAM
Hi all, I recently received an Email that I am not sure is a scam or not. I do not see any comparable posting on the website so I do believe it to be a Scam. can you please confirm?
:shock:

The Text is pasted below...

Quote:
X PRIZE FOUNDATION <Peter@xprize.org> wrote:

Together we did it, the Ansari X PRIZE is won!

Thanks to your support the first non-government human spaceflights took place in 2004. Private astronauts flew not once, but three times. Millions witnessed these events through our webcasts, telecasts, news and special programs. A wave of optimism has begun to spread about the prospects for low-cost spaceflight now that a new class of private operators is emerging.

We now have a very short window of opportunity. We can build upon the hard-won success of our 9-year effort or we can miss the chance to build a bridge to the stars.

It’s up to all of us.

It’s up to all of us to ensure that the public understands that we are standing on the brink of the personal spaceflight revolution. It’s up to all of us to make sure that these first private steps into the cosmos are replicated in many places by many teams. What we do in the coming months will determine whether these initial small steps will lead to ultra-rapid point-to-point flights between continents, private orbital flights and ultimately the human breakout into space with all the benefits that space energy and resources can bring to the Earth.

We urgently need your help now.

It took every penny that we could raise to get to this point. We made the decision to employ every resource of the Foundation to maximize the impact of the Competition. The worldwide attention that resulted from this decision showed that we made a good bet. But it leaves our fuel tanks dry when we urgently need to take action.

Double your support.

We have recently received a $100,000 matching dollar challenge from a small group of generous X PRIZE donors. They have committed up to $100,000 for every dollar that we are able to raise before December 31st. This means that if you donate $50 it will be doubled by the challenge and we will receive $100.

Donate online on our secure site by clicking HERE - or call us at 1-866-XPRIZE-8

Whether you can give $1 or $10,000 every dollar counts! You can make a big difference, and your support will go twice as far!

Please consider a year-end contribution to enable our proven team to build upon the work that we have begun together.

Sincerely,

Peter H. Diamandis, MD
Chairman, CEO

Gregg E. Maryniak
Executive Director

Keith Powers
VP Development

1-866-XPRIZE-8

Click HERE to donate by credit card, or click here to use PayPal!

This message was intended for: jcstephenson717@yahoo.com
You were added to the database December 06, 2004. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:09 pm
It's real, no scam ;)

For the people who need "real proof":
http://www.xprize.org/secure/member_join_fly.php

Also this page on the official site is linking to it
And I know from "intern" X PRIZE Organization sources (the people who set up this page) that it's no scam, it's real.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Thank you!   Posted on: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:08 pm
Thanks for the Rapid Response I just didn t see a posting on the main page. Just got worried when it came out of the blue and Would hate to see your organization as a tool for some crook out there to make money and scam innocent folks out of their money. Now that I know it is a valid Email I am more willing to donate to a worthy Cause :)... :)

Thanks again :)