Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Quite different reasons?

Quite different reasons?

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:04 am
 [ 18 posts ] 
Quite different reasons? 
Post    Posted on: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:45 pm
Hello, Dr_Keith_H,

there seems to be a misunderstanding. When I was speaking about overpopulation I meant overpopulation of the area around the detected martian frozen sea. Overpopulation there would be indicated at least when the number of people there reaches that point where the amount of water of that sea no longer can provide sufficient water to drink, wash and the like.

That point would be reached at numbers below one million people I suppose - or better I suspect the NASA, the UN and the like to suppose that. It has to be estimated scientificly I think.

Regarding the topics "martian wind turbines", "martian wind energy" and so on - what about discussing that in the Technology section? There it would have much better und greater stimulating impacts and effects.

I am going to start an additional thread there.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:56 pm
As for Martian scenery, try this site. Some are with water, some without.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:05 pm
What relation to the topic of the thread do you have in mind? The problem in question isn't the water from my pont of view but its resemblance in seas. I imagine it to be hard to get water out of its mix with dust - the lunar ice is supposed to be mixed with dust.

Such mixes require an extension of the discussions in the Technology section I think. Especially to get arguments by which it might be possible to get rid of the politicians.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)