Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Are you interested in Space Tourism?

Are you interested in Space Tourism?

Posted by: SpaceTourismSurvey - Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:02 pm
 [ 1 post ] 
Are you interested in Space Tourism? 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Are you interested in Space Tourism?   Posted on: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:02 pm
For a long time, space tourism seemed to be an untouchable dream. Even by today, it is still mysterious for most people. Space tourism is about common people of the public buying tickets or admissions to travel to space and back.Private firms like XCOR Aerospace, Virgin Galactic, and Space Adventure are racing to provide unique suborbital and orbital experiences. Current suborbital space tourism refers to bring these paying tourists to the 100km altitude known as the edge of space. The visitors will enjoy the view of partial Earth and the dark universe and several minutes of weightlessness. The orbital space tourism is also available by Space Adventure since 2011. It contains the journey to International Space Station which is in 400km orbit. Also, people are working on some concept ideas as a lunar tour, Mars one permanent human settlement project.

I am a graduate student at University of Florida. For my graduation thesis, I am examining the factors influencing potential tourists' desire to participate in orbital space tourism. You may be interested in orbital space tourism, I am inviting you to participate in this survey. Here is a link to the survey: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0JtGqbyAZpS82Kp
This study investigates motivations of people to become orbital space tourists and risks that they associate with traveling to space. Moreover, we need help from people like you! Please consider participating in our “Orbital Space Tourism” survey which will take approximately 10 minutes of your time.
Thank you for your help!