Community > Forum > Entertainment > Space Riddle #3

Space Riddle #3

Posted by: Sigurd - Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Space Riddle #3 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Space Riddle #3   Posted on: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm

There is a room.. with three doors.. the one you came from is now locked.. you have to go either in the left or right door.. Before each door there is a guard standing.

One of the two guards always lies.. and one always speaks the truth.. however you don't know if it's the left or right one.

When one speaks, the other will never speak to you. After one of them told you something.. he will never speak again as well.

Sadly for you.. one door goes to a boring job... the other one to 10 Billion US$ to start your own Aerospace project.

So if you can only say something to 1 of the guards and after he answered to you.. you have to chose the right door.. What would you say to one of them ? .. be careful.. you don't know the one who speaks only with lies..

Goodluck!

Last edited by Sigurd on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:30 pm
You ask one of the gaurds what the other gaurd would say is behind his door and then select the opposite door to the one indicated.

To explain: if the Gaurd lies he gives the wrong answer and if he tells the truth he still gives the wrong answer because he says what the other would say.

For further clarification watch Tom Baker as Dr Who in "The pyramids of Mars" where he is faced by exactly the same delema. :lol:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm
Andy Hill, You're correct :) congratulations. Damn, what a quick answer :?

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:13 pm
This is the 3rd riddle that I have seen after someone else has answered it. However, I'll have to admit that I have not figured out #2 yet, but then I haven't really tried since the answer is already posted. My daughter is trying though, and I haven't told her the answer yet.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:57 am
campbelp2002 wrote:
This is the 3rd riddle that I have seen after someone else has answered it. However, I'll have to admit that I have not figured out #2 yet, but then I haven't really tried since the answer is already posted. My daughter is trying though, and I haven't told her the answer yet.

I hope she'll enjoy it :), I'm sure there will be many more riddles the comingdays :) I'll soon post similar as the first one, more riddles in 1 topic. But finding good riddles isn't that easy :) (everyone is free to submit their own)

Profile WWW