Community > Forum > Entertainment > Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission

Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission

Posted by: robertsapp - Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission   Posted on: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm
So, I'd like to know if it's OK with the group to use the entertainment forum to promote a commercial space-themed book. I recently published a legal-political-science thriller that tells the story of how one of the museums that received a retired space shuttle was actually set up as a front to support an elaborate plot to fly a shuttle to the moon (Don't laugh, NASA Technical Memorandum 104084, Feasibility Analysis of Cislunar Flight Using the Shuttle Orbiter, shows how NASA considered doing it). Out of respect for the group, I'll withhold the title and link unless it's considered appropriate. But hey, this is an entertainment forum, and trust me, the more you know about commercial space and the history of manned spaceflight, the more entertaining you'll find my book. Regards, Robert

Lunar Dance - The story of the greatest adventure in history, hidden in plain sight.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0988543206

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission   Posted on: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 pm
Thanks for asking before posting, please feel free to share it.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission   Posted on: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm
Thank you very much! Here's the blurb from the book:

Quote:
From the boardroom to the courtroom, the halls of Congress to the launch pad, Lunar Dance is a story of ambitious dreams, bold actions and eternal love set amid the high stakes world of today's commercial launch industry, where the opportunities are boundless, but failure leads to certain death.

When maverick aerospace startup Roadrunner Rockets hired former NASA engineer Carl Heinel, they knew nothing about the secret that consumed him. But Carl soon realizes that their revolutionary technology could allow him to keep a promise from his distant past—a promise he is committed to fulfilling, regardless of the cost. The one piece he needs to make it all possible is a retired space shuttle.

Lunar Dance follows Carl and the team from Roadrunner Rockets as they implement their elaborate plan to secretly obtain the shuttle they need and embark on the greatest adventure in history. A plan in which everything is hidden in plain sight, nothing is as it seems, and only a handful of people know the real truth.

Everything is proceeding very well—until it all goes catastrophically wrong.

You can read a sample chapter at my website, http://www.robertsapp.com

Here's a link to the Kindle and Paperback version. A hardcover will be available by year's end.

And finally, here's my motivation for writing it:

In 1969, the future of spaceflight was blindingly bright. But over 40 years later, Neil Armstrong is dead, the shuttle no longer flies, and no one born after 1935 has walked on the moon. I feel as though history let us down. So I wrote Lunar Dance, a book that recreates the satisfaction and thrill of watching a group of audacious and determined men and women look upward and say, "We can do it," and letting nothing stand in their way. I loved writing it, and if you're a science fiction fan, I think you'll love reading it.

The book has just been released, and I'm hoping to get some reviews on Amazon. Thank you for the opportunity to post this!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Lunar Dance - The story of the greatest adventure in history, hidden in plain sight.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission   Posted on: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 pm
Just put a copy of Lunar Dance in the mail to Captain Chris Ferguson, the commander of the final shuttle flight. The flight was aboard Atlantis, which just happens to be the shuttle that is featured in my book.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Space Shuttle Atlantis to fly one more mission   Posted on: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:30 pm
great to know "sir" can have a another flight with reusable booster for Atlantis shuttle could be an incredible exploration in space era,have some scientific research aswell, thanks..