Community > Forum > Technology & Science > New form of solid animation simulation I made

New form of solid animation simulation I made

Posted by: Sigma - Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
New form of solid animation simulation I made 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post New form of solid animation simulation I made   Posted on: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrJNb-O6mY&feature=plcp
another sim to come soon,

I am doing this in the hopes of making a quantum accurate volumetrically (yes I made up the word) defined solid, by using individual defined points as a basis for a solid, the solid is made of a cloud of particles, these particles could be layered and defined so the actually represent boids or atoms, to simulate in the health field and particle physics field, or anywhere where the definition of a solid is not actually faces but volumes, next these volumetric particles based on a mesh could unhook and then become particles based on there "heat" so evaporation condensation etc could happen,

in short
YAY!
:)

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New form of solid animation simulation I made   Posted on: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:22 am
better render, next to traditional model
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N664eMsQ7Ow

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: New form of solid animation simulation I made   Posted on: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am
You mean like voxels and volume rendering? Those are indeed very useful in those fields, and I'm looking forward to seeing your heat shield simulation develop!

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New form of solid animation simulation I made   Posted on: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:41 am
Yes, but by using may layers of points and offsets you can define starting points for particles, and then define collsions for some and not others, like these cells can go through this but not these style rules, and you could simulate...... life, bone marrow points could spawn red blood cells, etc you know? by using the thickness you can simulate by radius and point density, and use meshes as the basis for generating the volumes and 3dboids or particles,