Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Of interest for interstellar space travel?

Of interest for interstellar space travel?

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:52 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Of interest for interstellar space travel? 
Post Of interest for interstellar space travel?   Posted on: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:52 pm
Under www.wissenschaft.de there was an article on Wednesday reporting a detail that starts to cause me thoughts althought known since a wile already.

It says that there seem to be interstellar magnetic fields that impact the shape of the heliosphere, heliopause and heliosheath.

Might the sources of those fields dark or faint objects close to the sun? What about making use of these objects or even their magnetic fields for interstellar travel - unmanned or manned?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:32 am
Are there any English sources?

According to Mass-Quantity distribution graph there are a heck of a lot of small Brown Dwarfs out there, it's just that we can't see them, indeed they might be the source of hypothetical "Dark Matter"

There are a lot of anomalies out there when you get out into interstellar space. Another anomaly that might be of interest is the Pioneer anomaly - apparently those space probes aren't going as fast as they should. I have my own theory on that having to do with graviton red shift, but it's a bit radical.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:46 pm
Now, when we are more advanced we shall begin stellarizing these Brown Dwarfs.

As for magnetic travel, are you suggesting repelling against these mag. fields? Sounds like an extremaly low thrust, extremaly high Isp idea.