Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Creating materials from energy

Creating materials from energy

Posted by: Sigurd - Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:04 pm
 [ 17 posts ] 
Creating materials from energy 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:24 pm
Unfortunately tiny black holes only have as much gravity as they do the mass they are composed of and secondly they evaporate at a rather fast rate.

So a 1 kg black hole has gravity of any other 1kg object. Its not going to start your black hole fusor anytime soon.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:33 am
Hello, delt0r,

only to clarify a possible misunderstanding That might have been caused somehow - I personally don't have in mind the creation of matter in my posts in this thread.

I only mentioned Eta Carinae as an example of something that turns energy into matter or/and antimatter.

I am not sure if this is the same process as the creation of particles by quantum-fluctuations but it tends to look different to me.

From Eta Carinae it seems to me that matter or antimatter theoretically might be produced if a sufficient density of energy can be achieved which seems to be the case in CERN, LHC and the like only at the moment. Interestingly these require huge lots of energies - looking like equivalents to the dense energies required to turn energy into matter or antimatter.

But the whole subject seems to be worth thoughts and tends to be interesting.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)