Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Force Fields - And or Matter Manipulation

Force Fields - And or Matter Manipulation

Posted by: SGTalon - Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Force Fields - And or Matter Manipulation 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Force Fields - And or Matter Manipulation   Posted on: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 pm
I remember reading an article several years ago in a science magazine about some professor at MIT or one of those East Coast Brain Box places was working on a force field type device.

I don't remember the details but from what i recall they were able to set the strength of the field to be either slow to allow a non-ferrous bar through it or to stop and hold the bar. It had a gap of 1/2" or so and that was it.

If i remember correctly it was an article by a science writer about some of the more obscure things he had seen in his travels. I tried to get in touch with the people he mentioned in the article but did not get very far.

Is there anyone working on this type of technology right now? I can think of several uses for this type of technology in every day life. The simplest being windshield coating to eliminate wipers and abrasion damage.

Anyone know anything?

Post    Posted on: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm
Hello, SGTalon,

I am not sure what you are talking about. I personly only have informations about the idea to use real force fields to form structures in space. The scientist researching on that is Prof. Komerath who according to spacecowboy is researching at Georgia Tech where spacecowboy is student at present.

As far as I know Komerath has done some experiments - but I am far from sure if what you describe has to do withem or has something in common with them.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Post    Posted on: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:51 am
Just because the article tells about applying a force field - according to an article under www,wissenschaft.de the optical force of a moving electromagnetic field has successfully been applied to drive a nano-scale resonator recently.

The article refers to Hong Tang, Yale-University in New Haven and his team as well as to Nature ( www.nature.com/ ), Online-Prepublication (DOI: 10.1038/nature07545).

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)