Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Space potties

Space potties

Posted by: SuperShuki - Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
Space potties 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Space potties   Posted on: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am
:idea: How about a comfortable space potty? Maybe a spining pair of pods, connected to a space station? :roll: It would probably make a stay at a space hotel more enjoyable . . .

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:12 pm
In the movie "2001, a Space Odyssey" Dr. Floyd reads some complicated zero gravity toilet instructions and you can too, at the bottom of this link:
http://www.hightechscience.org/zero_gravity_toilet.htm
However in the book of the same name Clarke describes a system much like your proposed spinning pods.

This is an important, especially if space tourism is to be successful, and rarely explained (for obvious reasons) topic.

Google "space toilet" and get some links like this:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s348188.htm

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
SuperShuki, I noticed several of your last posts seem to be submitted for entertainment purpose only.
Forcing me and other moderators to edit your topic title's, as example changed "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" to an acceptable topic title and conversation.

Many other posts of yours have no technological value, or add any content/value to this site, forum, or group.

Moderators are not here to clean your mess... if necessary you can be limited to moderated posting (not instantly visible) or read only status to this website. I have no hard feelings to you, since some of your jokes are funny... but we can't accept this community to turn into a chaotic mess.. where people have to search hours before finding the information they need. I'll see if I can add a new forum for Space Entertainment.
Space Cafe is currently the only forum (except Senior members only visible and accessible off topic forum) for unrelated posts not belonging in other available forums.

Profile WWW