Posted by: Sigma - Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm
 [ 10 posts ] 
A call to arms 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm
I have started several projects,
these projects are designed to showcase open source initiatives effectiveness,

The first many of you already know ZeroP.T.O (zer-op-toe)
Zero propellant to orbit
https://plus.google.com/b/1079896033104 ... 7815/posts

The second some of you also know-Cube - Rap or anti-rep-rap
https://plus.google.com/b/1097869564087 ... 1536/posts

This one I have not shared here yet
O.S.H.W.A -Open Source Human Walking Assistance
This is for my wife, and anyone else who can not properly walk,
using blender, and generating a real time displacement map of the
local terrain the AI we write will decide where to put steps, and what type
of motion to use, (like walk up, walk down, walk-level, rotate right, etc
then offset these "torque cycles" with adjustments on the fly,
https://plus.google.com/b/1115919224277 ... 4059/posts

This one could change everything as well (no clever acronym @ the moment)
Open Source Mesh Network Cell Phone
using off the shelf hardware and existing tech, make a free user net, that allows for encrypted data and instructions to be hosted on a free form "cloud" network,
Example
(my cell phone)------>(your Cell phone)------>(wireless router)----(the internet)--------(another router)--------(another phone)----(Call location)
No website yet

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm
Sigma wrote:
This one I have not shared here yet
O.S.H.W.A -Open Source Human Walking Assistance
This is for my wife, and anyone else who can not properly walk,
using blender, and generating a real time displacement map of the
local terrain the AI we write will decide where to put steps, and what type
of motion to use, (like walk up, walk down, walk-level, rotate right, etc
then offset these "torque cycles" with adjustments on the fly,
https://plus.google.com/b/1115919224277 ... 4059/posts

You might be interested in this tec which seems to be associated with one of Google's projects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qP3IpEqkk4

I think of the tec i have seen this might have the potential to be a game changer and eventually do what you want to do practically and economically not sure if it is in anyway open source tho. So i would concentrate on the software for modelling the terrain which is a hard enough problem by itself from what i recall reading up various AI stuff many years ago tho i am well out of date so some of it may be solved by now or just done by brute force cpu cycles as the price of computation has dropped.

Sigma wrote:
This one could change everything as well (no clever acronym @ the moment)
Open Source Mesh Network Cell Phone
using off the shelf hardware and existing tech, make a free user net, that allows for encrypted data and instructions to be hosted on a free form "cloud" network,
Example
(my cell phone)------>(your Cell phone)------>(wireless router)----(the internet)--------(another router)--------(another phone)----(Call location)
No website yet

This relies on lots of the users having open shared internet connections which in large parts of the world is either illegal or quasi legal and will strongly be resisted by the big carriers both phone and net.Lots of expensive legal problems i think.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 pm
I don't think they can stop you if you use your own tech, or open source tech :)

also, I think there is something fundamentally wrong with telling me how to use what I buy,

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 pm
Sigma wrote:
I don't think they can stop you if you use your own tech, or open source tech :)

also, I think there is something fundamentally wrong with telling me how to use what I buy,

If you leave your net connection open and somebody downloads kiddie pr0N using it they often do shoot the messenger still and don't bother to investigate further it shouldn't happen but it does more often than you would think. I am one of the early net idealists i still remember getting an email saying that they expected in the following month the number of web users would pass 10,000 i like open source and free sharing but these days my main pc is behind 2 firewalls and wifi is switched off unless i really need it.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 pm
This is a protocol for devices designed to operate in a cloud, no verification of core? no connection, so unless they know more about coding then an army of ninjas...... the data you send is (unencrypted -Vector heading, Connect strength) and your data (Connection) is encrypted packets that are routed by the cloud, so in theory no device knows the route the data will take, until it does, depending on how many nodes etc,

So I am heading N-Nw @ 20 mph and my data is 02klfnlkknsdfklnkjnsjfjs;bdlf

u know?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:51 pm
Also A UUID that shifts occasionally based on a chip you buy, for a one time fee for the cost of production (like 5$) a hardware "key" can be made that is almost unspoofable using some of the newer chip behavior/identity.

if the "shift" was faster then the "decode" speed of your encryption depth, they would end up backlogged..... forever.... and it would only get worse...

so 256-bit encryption with a key that changes every X iteration

also a "Net guard" would be needed, people that protect the confidentiality and data of the users of the net, maybe add revenue could pay them?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:43 am
Zeropto:

So have you worked out the energy requirements for this system assuming it works? Can you even make such an estimate without knowing wether it works?

I mean for instance per unit mass how much energy would it take to put 1kg mass into LEO compared to current and near future systems in development /like skylon/.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 am
Well, lets do the math, you need to get the volume of plasma required is related to the size of the craft,

So the ship is a cone and a cylinder,
1/3*Pi*r^2*h + (Pi*R)^2*H

then we take the energy required to "bloom" per volume,
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.js ... r%3D677853
has some math on it, but basically the more pressure and temp, the less energy input into the gas required to change state,

so it's tricky, but essentially it would have use as much as your energy you lost from air resistance over time, plus all your losses from emf, etc.

so it's one of those, "I need a team" style math problems as it's a dynamic equation based on density, composition and temp......

Short and skinny, how much energy does it take to run many Mev lasers?
but the amount of energy required, by comparison is small next to what you can leave the ground with, without an ounce of propellant, doing this without deceleration...

Help? that's the idea lets test it all and build it, small scale models etc,
make.life.awesome

one thing to note, the faster the launch, the less time the lasers need to fire, etc,

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:13 am
another issue,you could pre-Laze the path,in the seconds before launch, dropping the requirement by pre-ionizing a % of the air, with earthbound resources like solar etc,

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: A call to arms   Posted on: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:16 am
Another idea, beam the power up the plasma "hollow" left behind the craft,