Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Wave riding

Wave riding

Posted by: Sigma - Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
Wave riding 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Wave riding   Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 am
So, I have been thinking about supersonic plasma for a while now,I have just heard of synchotron radiation, I think by accelerating the plasma envelope of a in atmosphere vehicle, to very high speed, and then passing it through a wiggler or an undulator, and producing a coherent energy beam,and dropping heat, further wake-field acceleration would be possible, this is of course no free lunch, but could harvest lost energy from drag, and impart it as acceleration, I know quantum effects can boost efficiency, and a quantum synchotron thruster could exploit a large flow to accelerate a small one, its basically a quantum afterburner, that might be able to cool plasma and produce power by pushing it away, creating a supercavity by exploiting another phenomenon, or sapping the plasma of all energy imparted on it by the heat shield, just behind the shield,

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Wave riding   Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 am
New thought, a coherent beam could be used to entangle a grid of diamonds, odd stuff,these radiate light off as vibrations, by assembling an acoustic amplifier and a piezoelectric tuning fork, or other means the light could be directly into electricity, the more diamonds the higher the chance that the a photon will be absorbed, if the beam could be completely absorbed.....

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Wave riding   Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:05 pm
Most of those things have yet to be proven beyond the theoretical/hypothetical much less used in practical application.