Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > --- GO GO === DISCRAFT ===

--- GO GO === DISCRAFT ===

Posted by: SpeC - Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:49 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
--- GO GO === DISCRAFT === 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post --- GO GO === DISCRAFT ===   Posted on: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:49 am
Discraft look the best, and i are surely going to win this. Because no other aircraft lands horizontally and takes off horizontally. It is no doubt that they will win.

They are just keeping low profile for some reason. I heard that the technology they are usingin their pulse jets is an advanced 'Tesla technology' In that case ... we hava a ... winner....

And notice how they are not specifying the full specificatin of the craft. Its like a mystery as if they dont want us to know what it contains. From all other teams they least specified their specifications.

Oh on the other silly note. For all you ufo freaks out there that believe in *** UFO **** hehehe if this theory goes successfully as planned for OCtoboer 16th many will have a second guess on UFO's.

To my knowledge they are simply man built crafts ... it has been proven since world war ii.

Any way ... good luck to Discraft... such technology is indeed very welcomed.
You have my thumbs up!

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:05 am
:lol: even if this was true.. they still have a 60 days time period that they have to tell it to the xprize, so they can't fly before .. December 2 to win the xprize, so they lost to scaled who will win on 4th of October, and if they have a failure, Da Vinci will fly before 1 November :)

SpeC wrote:
Because no other aircraft lands horizontally and takes off horizontally. It is no doubt that they will win.

:lol: ... this is so funny :lol:

SpeC, congrats for the great topic ;)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:07 am
Quote:
They are just keeping low profile for some reason. I heard that the technology they are usingin their pulse jets is an advanced 'Tesla technology' In that case ... we hava a ... winner....

Pardon my ignorance, but Tesla was an electrical engineer who died 60 years ago, what possible technological contribution could they have from him in relation to jets?

Quote:
To my knowledge they are simply man built crafts ... it has been proven since world war ii.

The fact that no attempt ever worked is a minor detail I presume.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:59 am
Quote:

ummm, the Tesla pulse jets are all well and good, if all you want to do is suboptimal hops, but they are orders of magnetism less efficient then the hyperactive turbo-ramjets developed for Blue Ridge Nebula's Space Hooptie.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Tesla ...   Posted on: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:05 am
Ok fine i made a mistake about horizontal comment, i had something to drink at that time but lets not get to that side now.

The fact is that just imagening a saucer alike craft using tesla technology lifting up to its target within what about 15-20 minutes and coming down with an ease is to my knowledge far more convinient and better structure of landing space craft then da vincy theory. No offence to Da Vinci as much as i love Doom 3 i dont think you can compare pixel shading and rocket engineering together well ;)

I heard about Nikola Tesla maybe just as much as you did if not more. But in these pulse jets the amount of kicking tesla power is used, is no where as comparable to 50 years back. Saucers that implement pulsejet technology must be built 'plate shaped like' in order to maintain its strength. Weird but true as i have read from one of the sources.

According to Marshall i think you are right there no doubt. But isn't it true that telsa technology in pulsejets are far more efficient in terms of safety and cost wise.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:19 pm
Da Vinci has no relation to Doom 3. I think you are writing about Armadillo's team leader, John Carmack.

(Why am I responding to this?) :roll:

Profile YIM