Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > Da Vinci Project "Revises Flight Plan"

Da Vinci Project "Revises Flight Plan"

Posted by: dbrekke - Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:44 am
 [ 19 posts ] 
Da Vinci Project "Revises Flight Plan" 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:43 pm
Quote:
The town of Kindersly should be most concerned after all their credibility is on the line.

It's the first all-up flight of a completely untested vehicle. Cape Canaveral's credibility isn't on the line when a Delta gets delayed. SpaceX isn't on the line when they push back their first launch by over a year. Kindsersly doesn't have a credibility problem.

Profile YIM
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:48 pm
That makes sense. No rocket = no problem.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:35 pm
bad_astra wrote:
Quote:
The town of Kindersly should be most concerned after all their credibility is on the line.

It's the first all-up flight of a completely untested vehicle. Cape Canaveral's credibility isn't on the line when a Delta gets delayed. SpaceX isn't on the line when they push back their first launch by over a year. Kindsersly doesn't have a credibility problem.

Well sure if it were a free event.
But its not.
No fault on Kindsersly, they just believed Brian was actually going to deliver.
In light of facts presented, I doubt that they actualy ever had a rocket to bring let alone one in 2 more weeks, these guys are more talk than action :oops:

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:10 am
Me, I'm just glad that Feeney had more sense than we'd suspected. I really wasn't looking forward to watching a launch suicide that could negatively affect the private space industry. Good luck Brian, and I hope you eventually make it up. Thanks for pulling the plug.

That said, I think that there must have been some pressure from the X-prize folks to make this look like more than a horse race when Scaled was the very clear front runner.