Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > HELLO XPC Fans!

HELLO XPC Fans!

Posted by: RyanXPC - Fri May 21, 2004 3:57 am
 [ 5 posts ] 
HELLO XPC Fans! 

Are you ready for the future of space racing?
YES 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
NO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I was born ready! 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 11

HELLO XPC Fans! 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post HELLO XPC Fans!   Posted on: Fri May 21, 2004 3:57 am
Hello!

Just in case you are wondering who the f&ç% I am, I am the inventor of the X PRIZE CUP, Ryan L. Kobrick. I am Canadian... and American. Last year on my internship with Peter Diamandis, I wrote a 168 paper called the "X PRIZE CUP". We formed a RFP to send to potential spaceports... one year later we have New Mexico! Brilliant! I'm just a humble graduate student in debt like anyone else but contributing to the "Space Race" as much as I can.

I have not read all the posts in this section of the forum but I am SOOO happy to see the interest level that has generated! I'm overwhelmed!

If you seek answers about the X PRIZE CUP, you need to look no further. Some answers are still private but I will try to answer what I can without the BS. Please excuse late posts or null posts... it could be because I am working for X PRIZE all summer and might not be able to write... but to get the lastest thoughts coming from the X PRIZE interns check out http://www.xprizeblog.com/

Cheers!!!!!!
Ryan

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/r/l/rlk193/

Last edited by RyanXPC on Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: HELLO XPC Fans!   Posted on: Fri May 21, 2004 12:26 pm
RyanXPC wrote:
<snip>

Great to have you, Ryan.

And in answer to your question: I was born ready, man. That's why I'm an AE major.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Fri May 21, 2004 12:35 pm
Hello Ryan,

First of all, welcome on the xprize forum :)

I've already copied your newest news from http://www.xprizeblog.com/ to our news blog ;) http://x-prize.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Just in case you are wondering who the f&ç% I am, I am the inventor of the X PRIZE CUP, Ryan L. Kobrick. I am Canadian... and American. Last year on my internship with Peter Diamandis, I wrote a 168 paper called the "X PRIZE CUP". We formed a RFP to send to potential spaceports... one year later we have New Mexico! Brilliant! I'm just a humble graduate student in debt like anyone else but contributing to the "Space Race" as much as I can.

Nice to know you :), Personally I'm not like your anyone else, but anyway (joking) :), it's nice to see people like you, can achieve such great things, you're a great example to learn from for manny people.

Quote:
I have not read all the posts in this section of the forum but I am SOOO happy to see the interest level that has generated! I'm overwhelmed!

And we shouldn't be overwhelmed with your realistic and great ideas ? :wink: :roll:
Your dreams are getting reality, and I don't wanne mis a thing of it ;)

Quote:
If you seek answers about the X PRIZE CUP, you need to look no further. Some answers are still private but I will try to answer what I can without the BS. Please excuse late posts or null posts... it could be because I am working for X PRIZE all summer and might not be able to write... but to get the lastest thoughts coming from the X PRIZE interns check out http://www.xprizeblog.com/

If you ever have some great news ;) or information, I can't wait to read it and linkcopy it on our xprize news blog :)
If you're intrested in becomming a xprize news blog administrator, so you can add your writing links (the one you find intresting) to be posted with a small snippet of the text on the news blog ;), you're always welcome, just send me a Private Forum Message or send an e-mail to me at sigurd@gmail.com.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri May 21, 2004 9:56 pm
welcome! it's always nice to have people with inside info on the board. hope you post often.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Fri May 21, 2004 10:29 pm
Quote:
I am the inventor of the X PRIZE CUP,

Congratulations on coming up with a great idea. I really like the concept of the X PRIZE CUP. First, it is inexpensive for the organization, since the host state (New Mexico) is willing to give you donations of money and infrastrucuture. Second, it will generate incredible publicity, which will help the competitors raise money. Third, it will increase the number of future space enthusiasts: just imagine the kind of impact that the X PRIZE CUP could have on a young kid who goes with his family to watch rocket launches, get autographs, and just plain have fun.