Community > Forum > Official Team Prometheus Forum > Team Prometheus Update

Team Prometheus Update

Posted by: Monroe - Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Team Prometheus Update 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 am
We have been really busy! I've been unable to post anything lately! We now have a Guided Parachute Recovery System coming online. About to make a deal with a balloon manufacturing company (meeting Tue.-Wed.) We are about to set up a launch tower and antenna on Matagorda. We have a new 152mm 96" rocket motor (Reusable Re-loadable)88000Ns. We are really happy with this springs progress. I'm in Mojave have been for a couple months going back to Texas for the 4th and do some work out on the Penn. We are now calling our launch site Cape Carancahua! Check out the new stuff at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Prom ... 3171526223
Another website remake coming up soon http://www.teamprometheus.org Godspeed and Go! Prometheus!

Monroe

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:03 pm
Which prize are you going for? The reusable one, or the expendable one?

How close are you from being able to put something into orbit?

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 pm
Teraformer
I've been really busy we have a launch date scheduled for a launch into space. The orbital launch is right behind that. It depends on the success of the scheduled launches prior and there success but that launch is Sept with a scrub date in Oct. So we shall see. We have some new hardware and some balloons to test. The biggest I have right now is 170,000 CF thanks to Strato-X there's too much to do still to say but we are on track. Looks good for a go! We are doing a launch July 31st with a scrub date a week later and a launch is scheduled every other weekend until around the start of Oct.

Monroe

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:51 pm
Hows it going Monroe? few updates on your Facebook i see! :)

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:49 am
Rob
It's going pretty well! We have a very innovative method and novel approach for the new launch platform! Cant say anything about it just yet but we plan to spring it to the world on NSE-6! We don't have quite enough money just yet to make it work but components are ordered and coming in we can do most of the programming as soon as we get the processor and IMU running.
We are working on the hardware right now. If it works and we believe it will it will make launching much easier! :)
We are leaning our attempt to align with the NASA Centennial Challenge at the same time. We really see this new challenge as a great opportunity for our team.
The new platform could carry or NCC rocket as well.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:51 am
We need a little help Guy's! We need an 8 or channel radio control with receiver 2.4 Ghz next! Donaree Brannon just made it possible for us to get the IMU we needed for NSE-6! I've never been one to ask for money but we need it now! It cost so much to do this! I cant tell you how much we have spent over the last 2 1/2 years and we have come so far! Help us finish this! Get your name on the credits in the video for NSE-6 and be a part of history! We need to raise at least $1000 come on guy's it's not that much to get into space!

Monroe Lee King
Team Prometheus

Today's the Day!

http://teamprometheus1.chipin.com/nse-6

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus Update   Posted on: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 am
I'm putting my money on you! Looking good on the Facebook page! When you launch you should definitely get video, and maybe blogtv it, and youtube!!! YES!

Profile WWW