Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?

Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?

Posted by: Ben - Fri May 04, 2012 7:15 pm
 [ 148 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

No prizes will be won. 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Yes, at least one prize will be won. 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 am
Thanks Paul. Here is what Ky posted about the most recent CSXT flight from last month using data recovered from the payload section...the photos from space are very impressive. All the hours (and sleepless nights) were well worth it.
Rick

From Ky:
GoFast 2014 Space Launch Team

The GoFast 2014 rocket officially set a new world record on July 14, 2014 as the highest and fastest amateur rocket ever launched into space.

Analysis of the data from the recovered military grade Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) that flew onboard shows that the GoFast rocket reached 385,800 feet above mean sea level (73.1 miles) and hit a top speed of 3,580 miles per hour. The old record held by the CSXT’s GoFast 2004 rocket was 72 miles with a top speed of 3,420 mph.

The GoFast 2014 IMU had flown successfully on four commercial space missions at White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) in New Mexico and was calibrated using C-Band transponder US Army radar tracking data prior to its flight into space on the GoFast rocket July 14, 2014. Statistical analysis of the WSMR flights and the GoFast 2014 launch verifies the 73.1 miles attained by the GoFast rocket has a variation of 0.6 miles with a confidence level of 95%.

Congratulations to everyone for a job well done! Thank you so much for everyone’s participation and endless hours making this launch a success.

GoFast 2014 list of accomplishments;
• World record highest altitude rocket launch
• World record fastest speed rocket launch
• First photo taken from space onboard an amateur rocket
• Second amateur rocket in history to reach space

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:43 am
Thanks Rick! Anyone who reads that report will either wish they were part of the team or dream about doing it themselves! Really inspirational!

PS: Anyone still thinking about the N-prize and believing it will be won before 2014 (The original purpose of the thread), please give us an update. The end of the year is drawing closer. I don't put much value in anonymous polls as anyone can state something and not worry about putting their name on it. If you believe in something, have some integrity and do it with your name attached.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:15 pm
Paul H. Dear wrote:
Rick, I have to say some of those photos are awesome.
Paul

Hi Paul, Here's a short video of the CSXT project from last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1puP-d_vc

Rick

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 am
SA_Rocket_Guy wrote:

PS: Anyone still thinking about the N-prize and believing it will be won before 2014 (The original purpose of the thread), please give us an update. The end of the year is drawing closer. I don't put much value in anonymous polls as anyone can state something and not worry about putting their name on it. If you believe in something, have some integrity and do it with your name attached.

My team, the Delta-V Factory, plans on launching within the next few months, so probably before the end of 2014.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 am
Break a leg!

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 pm
LookUp, can you post any details about previous ground tests and sub-orbital launches that you have done? It's exciting to hear that one of the teams is ready to make an orbital attempt.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm
That's excellent news - be sure to keep me posted, and to let me know as early as possible when a launch looks imminent. And good luck!

Paul

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 pm
The n-prize.com website is down.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:51 pm
USJay wrote:
The n-prize.com website is down.

Did you email or PM Paul?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 am
Back up again. "...and there was much rejoicing!"

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:53 pm
A friend of mine that makes rockets in another country was asked to join a team in his country. I told him to go for it, good experience and you never know where it might lead...perhaps space?

Down side is he will be in direct 'competition' with my team and I'll probably end up helping him but what the heck, I'd like to see it get done.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 pm
Well done, Rick. All for “Won!” and won for all.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 pm
USJay wrote:
Well done, Rick. All for “Won!” and won for all.

:) Yep seconded much as I would like my team to eventually win it id prefer someone else to win rather than it not happen at all.

Profile WWW
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Moderator: Paul H. Dear