Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > Who's the furthest so far?

Who's the furthest so far?

Posted by: Terraformer - Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Who's the furthest so far? 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Who's the furthest so far?   Posted on: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm
Which team has made the most progress towards the goal? I'm interested to know how far all the teams have got.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Who's the furthest so far?   Posted on: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:41 pm
Terraformer wrote:
Which team has made the most progress towards the goal? I'm interested to know how far all the teams have got.

Well i think Monroe's Prometheus team, Wikisat and the Cambridge students have got the highest so far with their balloon launches but its been quiet on the forums so i hope they are all beavering away productively.

My team is plodding along at an increasing rate we hope to have the design of the engine properly drawn up for a patent by easter and we then plan to launch a roughly 10th scale test vehicle sometime this year providing we can sort the insurance and paperwork aspects along with actually building it.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Who's the furthest so far?   Posted on: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 am
I Think you should ask this question nearer the end of the year when the heat starts to get on!

I personally have been making and setting up gse gear and test site work so far this year, implementing a system/design that can be used for anything, bolt an engine on to, bolt a whole rocket on etc. Taken more time than I had thought,making tanks/valves, pressurization systems etc. but now just have to concrete the stand into the ground and we're good to go for anything.

From here hopefully progress continues 2 fold.....

Iain

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Who's the furthest so far?   Posted on: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:41 pm
Well, you all have just over 460 days remaining to get something in orbit. Shame I never got to participate, but hopefully there'll be something I can do next time round (Nearspace tourism, anyone?).

Moderator: Paul H. Dear