Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?

Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?

Posted by: Ben - Fri May 04, 2012 7:15 pm
 [ 152 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

No prizes will be won. 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Yes, at least one prize will be won. 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm
Monroe,

I don't think it helps your case by insulting Rick. He's just stating the facts. SS2S is very open about their efforts, and I'm confident that everything they post is factual. On the other hand, many of the things you post about Team Prometheus are actually done by others.

It doesn't appear that Team Prometheus has had much to do with Ardusat's success. Team Prometheus is listed as a partner on their site, and you posted a video announcing your partnership, but I don't see where you actually helped them. When they came out to do the balloon mission you couldn't even provide the Helium, even though I found a source of Helium for you just a hour away from you. I think the only thing that resulted from that trip is that they built the support platform for your tracker.

You claimed the airspeed record from the NTNS-4 mission even though you had nothing to do with it. You were supposed to have provided ground support for NTNS-4, but you didn't even show up for the mission. I have confirmation of this from a private email.

You did a Q-motor launch, but you won't provide the details of how the launch went. You did say that you would provide some details of the launch after 90 days, so I'm looking forward to seeing that in January.

So you have to understand that we're dubious about some of your claims when we know that things that you've reported in the past have been exaggerated.

Dave

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:03 pm
Excuse me, but soap operas belong in the Entertainment forum...

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm
Agreed. We should stay on the thread's topic, which in this case is discussing whether the N-Prize will be won by the end of 2014.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:19 am
All BS Dave, I have all the proof I need to prove everything I have said. I don't care what "Email conformation" you have. I have 347 emails that are to the contrary. Just because I don't share details doesn't mean squat.
Besides that it's much more complex than you know or have the need to know. I don't care why you continue to insult/slander me either of you because it really doesn't matter. It probably helps me more than hurts me anyway people love to see this crap on the internet. So just keep it up I don't care.

Monroe

It's not up to me to clear things up to your satisfaction I don't want to do harm to the Ardusat or any other program I've been involved with so I'm not sharing dirty little details just to clear my name to you or anyone else. I am not at all like you or Rick I respect all efforts to get to space. Because it's a damn hard thing to do.

This new team has the right stuff to get the job done and achieving that goal will be the only satisfaction I need and none of this crap will matter anyway.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:27 pm
No BS, insults or slander from me. I'm just posting the truth. Anyhow, this thread is about whether the N-Prize will be won by the end of 2014. It seems like the only teams that have a chance are WikiSat and Prometheus. However, since none of the teams haven't reached space yet, or even achieved 100,000 feet it's doubtful that the N-Prize will be won by the end of next year.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:53 am
Hey, I've never started the BS here you guy's do. I now have a lawyer ya know and you can expect a cease and desist letter very soon. Mainly because you don't have the facts Mr. Hein. Just what you think you have. What you have will not stand up in court for 5 seconds. I am about tired of this enough to pursue that avenue.
Just because I wont reveal to you the inner workings of our Team and Company does not mean they are not real. I may even pursue Ardusat if you insist enough and reveal the real goings on there just to clear my name from the slander you guy's have created.
Any court will side in my favor on anything I've said on the emails I posses alone about collaboration and accomplishments we have made.
I've about had it with both of you and I am about to seek legal action.

Monroe

I guess this is my only alternative. I am also told it is the price of doing business. I think it's a huge waste of money better spent doing business. I think it's mostly just sad. But if it matters that much I don't see any alternative. I guess we need the experience anyway for bigger fish to fry in the future. So let's see how it goes.

In closing I will say your going to find out we have far deeper roots and are much more involved in many more projects than I have ever even mentioned. I've been a very busy man over the last 5 years and the missions we have done and the collaborations are far more than you realize. I've been doing this every day you know. You will be surprised and I think it's about time everyone knows what we really do here.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:02 am
On a whole different note it is amazing how having a functional team can effect things here at Team Prometheus. I've been the energizer bunny for 5 years taking care of things like the Matagorda site, keeping the boats docked and maintained, keeping a website, getting sponsors, doing missions, designing hardware and software, working with the FAA, helping other teams, promoting the team, seeking funding, being involved in other contest, keeping trucks running, holding on to things the team will need, ect... ect... ect... and if you don't know it means a lot of ect...

It's so easy when your on the outside not to understand how difficult that all is when one man is doing 90% of the work. Now that we have a good team I can focus on things I could not before. Now we can do a better job helping others. Now everything else get's easier things I did not even expect to get easier.

Now I can look around a bit more than I ever could and now I have time to address other issues.

And the best part is now people can get paid.

That brings a whole other dimension to things and how they get done. Yeah when I was mostly by myself you could take advantage of me in many ways and I didn't have time to even care. Now it's not that way anymore.

Monroe

Now from Monday until the 2nd I'm going to be taking it easy for a change but by the 2nd you will be seeing how we do it in 2014.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:38 am
If the weather improves we plan a launch for a NASA sponsored project to test our StaCC payload this Saturday followed by another launch to 100,000' on Sunday to test some equipment for an upper atmospheric research project and a second payload containing some avionics for our Sugar Shot to Space project and our prototype N-Prize satellite.

As for the rants of some other person's posts, I will take my response to the entertainment forum since what he does seems to be science fiction...'IMO'

Rick

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:58 pm
good luck

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 pm
I'll second that - good luck today!!
Paul

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 pm
We tested a N-class motor yesterday. It failed. We are still examining the casing to determine why the circlip was pushed out at MEOP. Anyway I saw this N-prize thread and thought I should ask a question that has been bugging me for a while.

There are 4 people that indicated that the prize will be won by the end of the year. Are those people willing to come forward and state why they think the majority (2/3) of the voters are wrong? If they can't, will they change their vote?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:34 pm
SA_Rocket_Guy wrote:
We tested a N-class motor yesterday. It failed. We are still examining the casing to determine why the circlip was pushed out at MEOP. Anyway I saw this N-prize thread and thought I should ask a question that has been bugging me for a while.

There are 4 people that indicated that the prize will be won by the end of the year. Are those people willing to come forward and state why they think the majority (2/3) of the voters are wrong? If they can't, will they change their vote?

I voted that it would be won by the end of 2014 because I intend to win it (well try and possibly win). Things are coming along quickly and I might be attempting it soon, long shot or not. I've posted on the official n-prize forum divulging a bit of info today if you're curious (I'm a very new contender in the contest).

Chris

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 am
Quote:
I voted that it would be won by the end of 2014 because I intend to win it (well try and possibly win).

Chris

That would be great Chris, with less than 6 months to go you have a lot to do to make that happen.

I just returned from Black Rock Nevada helping CSXT launching their 10th anniversary sub-orbital flight. I was very impressed with their team on getting that flight off.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48721294@ ... otostream/

On our work with doing the N-prize we now have a 12 gram gps unit we've flight tested to 102,000' though we are a long way off from an orbital attempt.

Rick

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:39 pm
Hi,

Ok, I have started a team.....Team ME! We are going for the N-Prize!

BalloRockSat!

We have launched a balloon to 100K with a Computer Controlled Satellite Package with GPS Parachute Return.

Now we are about to launch a balloon to 100K and drop a CCSP Glider and GPSPR.

Then we are going to launch a balloon to 100K and launch a CCSP Suborbital Rocket and GPSPR.

Then we are going to launch a balloon to 100K and launch a Rocket Powered CCSPG and GPSPR.

Then we are going to launch a balloon to 100K and launch a CCSP Orbital Rocket and GPSPR to win the prize!

Send me money.....Please!

Then we are going to launch some other stuff.....but that is all secret!

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Will the prize be won by the end of 2014?   Posted on: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm
Rick, I have to say some of those photos are awesome.
Paul

Profile WWW
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Moderator: Paul H. Dear