Community > Forum > Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) Forum > SFS News: Falcon I launch failure thoughts - RLV News

SFS News: Falcon I launch failure thoughts - RLV News

Posted by: Rob Goldsmith - Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:27 am
 [ 18 posts ] 
SFS News: Falcon I launch failure thoughts - RLV News 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 pm
Ekkehard

you're right you can always take something positive away from any failure but the expectations have always been high for SpaceX and no matter what spin SpaceX puts on the flight it will still make them appear bad.

To some extent they are a victim of their own success, they have come so far in a relatively short time. Much of their success has been attributed to the company's set up and management ethos being different to other companies (Having Elon Musk's money also helps :) ) but I believe another failure would mean major questions being asked about that set up. They need to reach orbit and soon.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm
Yep, got to agree with Andy on this one. It's all about expectations and Space-X have created their own share of these by being so open and positive. Not that I don't think they will eventually succeed but having had 3 failures, (let's not play semantics here :) ) is not the start that anyone (not versed in space development and launch history) would expect.
I'm sure they've (let's hope they've :) ) ironed out all the bugs and the next one is on the mark. I voted 100% success in the poll just so that everyone knows I believe my own spin.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Configuration control   Posted on: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 am
Does anyone know the configuration management tools that SpaceX uses? Also what solid modeling system do they use?