Community > Forum > Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) Forum > It's official, Dragon Docked to the ISS.

It's official, Dragon Docked to the ISS.

Posted by: Psiberzerker - Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
It's official, Dragon Docked to the ISS. 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post It's official, Dragon Docked to the ISS.   Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm
Yeah buddy! Break out the champagne. It wasn't my original choice, but congratulations. My initial misgivings have been trumped by results. I really can't argue with that.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: It's official, Dragon Docked to the ISS.   Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 am
Well, it seems like it was pretty close. Just before the grab, CAPCOM advised Don Pettit that one of the two LIDARs on Dragon was out of action, and that if it lost the other one it would back off automatically. Also, the folks in Hawthorne spent quite a bit of time checking to see if the thermal imagers and the LIDAR matched up, and had to adjust some settings.

This was a test flight so some of this was to be expected, and redundancy paid off and they made it so at least there were no fundamental problems, but still. Goes to show how difficult this kind of stuff really is.