Community > Forum > General Support > One word: Advertisement

One word: Advertisement

Posted by: Dreada - Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:35 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
One word: Advertisement 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post One word: Advertisement   Posted on: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:35 pm
Though it may be difficult to organise and fund, I would like to click on CNN.com, Yahoo.com, MSN, BBCNews24, Space.com, AstronomyNOW.com, skyandtelescope.com, ZDNet, plus other busy websites and see a little pop-up window come up announcing XPRIZE!

I'm not a marketing guru, but IMHO Xprize needs more exposure, if it is to get people's attention. I think it'd be worth it.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:22 pm
News will come... more people will come...
Most people see advertisement, especially pop-ups as annoying, so mouth to mouth advertisement is the spirit, so I suggest that you're going to tell all your friends and fellow people in your erea about the x-prize, this is also more personal and more effective.

If they would make advertisement, they could better create a second prize for the second person who succeeds with the x-prize, instead of using the monney to advertisement.

When Scaled, or any other team will win the x-prize, I'm sure this news on cnn, bbc, ... will create a nice hype, but I'm sure it will go back to almost silence quite soon.

Personally I would love to see a better community on this forum, even a place to make space jokes etc, with personal awards given by good reply votes, no monney rewards, but just a special community name, or user of the month ;)

But we may NOT forget that it's NOT about making a nice community, but making history and developing new space crafts, rockets..

But a community backing the race and controlled by people who are good with making the website who won't work on the space development part, would really help.

When more people join from my local erea, then we can maybe orgenize a public meeting of fans and step arround in antwerp or brussels with small cards with info of the x-prize. same for any other place arround the world..

We can be all part of it somehow... and I hope all teams will succeed with reaching space :)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:12 am
Quote:
Most people see advertisement, especially pop-ups as annoying, so mouth to mouth advertisement is the spirit, so I suggest that you're going to tell all your friends and fellow people in your erea about the x-prize, this is also more personal and more effective.

and you just did , thx for showing me this S. :wink: , I'm gonna follow this for sure , can't believe i never heard of Xprize before :shock:

Quote:
If they would make advertisement, they could better create a second prize for the second person who succeeds with the x-prize, instead of using the monney to advertisement.

true idd .... or just toss me the money :roll: :lol:

peace :wink: ,
RV