Community > Forum > General Support > fractions of code displayed...

fractions of code displayed...

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:40 am
 [ 24 posts ] 
fractions of code displayed... 
Post fractions of code displayed...   Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:40 am
Hello, Sigurd,

at some forums at least there are parts of code displayed at the end of the list of threads. In thoses cases at the right a gray area is displayed where normally the count of views and the most recent poster is listed.

This also occured at the end of one thread at least - I could read the two or so most recent posts because no scrolling was possible.

Seems as if there is work on the pages - does it have to do with another circumstance I am experiencing: all lists and threads are displayed very slowly?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:53 am
Hey Ekkehard,

Can you try to reload the page on that location ? (refreshing manually or pressing F5 in the browser).

If it always appears wrong, can you send me the URL (or reply here with the exact URL).

Personally I haven't experienced it yet on the site.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:26 am
I had the problem too. A reload fixed it.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:46 am
Hello, Sigurd,

examples are the web forum page where all the sections are listed - at the right there is "<d0" displayed below the menu for Login etc. - and spacefellowship.com/Forum/about3062.html where the last visible post is a grey box only and no navigation buttons are displayed below that post.

Because of internal problems I had to reaccess the Internet a few hours ago and the problem still is there but it's changing - at the first access and view onto the post mentioned above there was code displayed at the left where the poster is listed and the grey box wass smaller.

I am doubting if I personally have the chance to get a correct display by reloading.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb9 Augustin (Political Economist)

Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:31 am
I in between had several chances to try again if a reload remove the problem. I accessed the Latest News section and saw - like before - a large space between the left side and the buttons for the threads and another similar large space between those buttons and the columns where the inititator etc. are listed. The left side menue for Login etc. was NOT displayed - it seems to have been beyond the left border of the page.

This was repaired after the refresh/reload - but I the bottom of the page was inaccessable - it was not displayed.

This also happened regarding the page where the sections are listed - at least one of the explorer-sections was beyond the lower border of the page.

The reload didn't change that.

Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:56 am
On the initial page the problem occurs also and a relaod doesn't remove it - the menu on the right is not displayed and seems to be beqond the borders of the page.

And there are the large spaces.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm
odd... and freaky that only certain people have that (but not only you Ekkehard).. it's as if the server has problems to handle some people.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:54 pm
Please let me know if you still have this problem now.. I updated the server software... but I have no other clues right now.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:22 pm
Probably webbrowser cache problem

seeing code is 99,9% of the time related to the html file not being correctly loaded (the rest is coding error)

Profile ICQ
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:28 pm
In case someone sees the problem again, please post the "source" of the page over here. From the info I got is that the page stops loading halfway and a 0 is added.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 am
Hello, Sigurd,

the problems are still there but have changed slightly - the large spaces don't occur that often no more. But the lower and right parts of the pages still aren't displayed often and code is mixed into the displays.

I remeber having first observed the problem Friday or Thursday and thought that there is work on the pages for any reason.

Might it be that the number of posts has reached or is approaching a critical level? Or might there be problems with the number of views?

I am not sure but I am wondering if the problem is linked to the number of threads or/and posts.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:09 am
Don't worry, we're not reaching any hard limits. We can still grown many times larger with our current hardware.

The strange thing to me is, that I always get pages without any problem on them. Can you try and see if the errors happen near advertisement banners ?

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:41 am
There is at least one area where the problem occurs far from any advertisement: In the Author-column and this also if that post is neither the last one nor the first one.

If the right menu-sided is concerned it is just below the last menu-item which is seperated from advertisement by some space.

Partially it prevents me from getting to the end of those posts displayed on the current page of a thread.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 am
As I'm not sure if now anyone else still has the problem. Do you have Firefox or Opera web browsers on your pc ? checking with different browsers would be great, as this could be a local problem on your pc as well. Also the current site design is not really coded well.. as it is put toghetter and changed many times. (not coded using correct W3C guidelines) with the next large nextgen upgrade such flaws will be all gone... but in the mean time;. we need to keep fixing this site until better times ahead ;)

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:05 pm
There is one additional hint I can list here - it obviously doesn't occur on long pages - at "Report Mistakes & Bugs for example everything seems to be allright but NOT displaying this thread I am posting in now.

Sigurd I can see and read your most recent post in this thread only while writing this post.