Community > Forum > General Support > Advertisement on the spacefellowship

Advertisement on the spacefellowship

Posted by: Sigurd - Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:29 pm
 [ 1 post ] 
Advertisement on the spacefellowship 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Advertisement on the spacefellowship   Posted on: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:29 pm
As you may have noticed I placed advertisement on the website:
1) From BurstMedia
2) If they do not deliver ads:
2.1) A Gabitasoft (my company) advertisement banner is placed
2.2) A survey is placed, to get more information to advance the advertisement revenue.

I know it's frustrating to have and see ads.. the current monthly costs of running this website and its servers, is +- 120 us$ and we recently had slashdots and other websites linking with peaks of more than 10k of additional page views per day.
A new website is in development... because of the soo many features it is still going to take a while.. and I want to have it almost perfect before release... , but the good news is the advertisement will be build in so, it's not going to bother anyone. :)

Google ads terminated their agreement months ago, without providing any clue why.. however I think it is more than clear it is because people tried to sponsor with clicking on the ads.. with Burst Media only impressions count, not clicks.

If you're aware of other advertisement companies I could use, to fill the not used burstmedia views, please let me know.
Gabitasoft is located in Belgium, so we're not able to sign up for YAHOO, and others, cause only US citizens are allowed.

And if you have suggestions for better advertisement placement (especially to lower the users frustration), please let me know.
There're a few restrictions to where I can place the banners, so not all is possible.

Profile WWW