Community > Forum > General Support > About the name . . . "space fellowship"

About the name . . . "space fellowship"

Posted by: SuperShuki - Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:10 am
 [ 8 posts ] 
About the name . . . "space fellowship" 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post About the name . . . "space fellowship"   Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:10 am
I don't want to minimize in any way the work sigurd and the rest of people behind the website did. They do a wonderful job with this site. However, as a matter of personal opinion . . .

I think the name 'space fellowship' sounds like a fluffy brotherhood, filled with fluffy clouds, rainbows, and the aroma of controlled substances. Is "thegreatbeyond" taken? What about "TheOldBoldPilotsSociety"? Aha! I have it! "Weirdosfromanothergalaxy.com".
:lol:

-Yehoshua (Josh)

P.S.
The Earth is accelerating away from the sun- If you push it towards the sun, it WILL spiral into the sun-eventually!
:P

P.P.S.
Hint:
When you drop 2 objects of different weight on earth, all things being equal, which reaches the earth first?

P.P.P.S.
Hint: Hint:
Why?

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:39 am
Lol, space fellowship is the new name if you like it or not ;)
Almost all other names we could invent where taken, registered, copyrighted, trademarked etc etc... and xprizenews and spaceracenews where no options anymore.

http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=thegreatbeyond.com
And the other names.. no thanks :P

About the other questions... those discussions are already posted in other topics ;)

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:10 pm
Sigurd wrote:
About the other questions... those discussions are already posted in other topics ;)
And by SuperShuki himself.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:18 pm
yeah the page looks good but i agree, the name is a little bit hmm well a bit like the famous five onboard the enterprise. All good though here! good stuff

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:26 pm
It might be that a bunch of alt.spacers didn't like the fact that each time they told their friends about the xprize--they would do a search and see my posts splashing cold water over everything :twisted:

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:31 pm
publiusr wrote:
It might be that a bunch of alt.spacers didn't like the fact that each time they told their friends about the xprize--they would do a search and see my posts splashing cold water over everything :twisted:

Exactly... you even scared all the aliens away... :twisted: thanks to you, our section of the universe is empty.. they all emigrated...
Our name just didn't fitted the X PRIZE anymore... and they requested (kinda demanded) us to change name.
From official X PRIZE Forum, to it's own identity lol.
It's because every few months they changed webmaster.. people who work there etc... and in the chaos;. they even didn't know it was theirs.. now it's my forum ;), I just cheated in the database to put my name BEFORE themech, to avoid people thinking he's still an admin. He was before a webmaster at the xprize foundation, who first added the forum.
http://www.spacefellowship.com/Forum/pr ... rofile&u=2
Lesson 1; How to hijack a popular forum :twisted:

Actually, I made the forum popular.. I became an admin in the early days... (after asking a few hundred times to get that status, because themech wasn't active anymore, and others started to spam the forum).
Also Matthew I. (The Legionnaire) was an admin before, who got admin status toghetter with me.
http://www.spacefellowship.com/Forum/pr ... rofile&u=4
Only.. he became insactive as well...

So I was the only person left... to keep this forum alive... and all the X PRIZE did was pushing it more and more away.; as if it's not theirs;. cause they just didn't knew anymore....
Also the problems with Odyssey Spacelines, International Space Agency (wannebees), who tried to abuse this forum, but I allowed people to laugh with them, didn't made us popular at the X PRIZE.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:24 pm
They just a bunch of goobers. They don't have half the brains of this X-prize team:

http://www.dashboardexposed.com/index/s ... pp/item.84

Now those look like professionals. I heard Super-Dave Osborne will be signing on as pilot.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:46 pm
Sigurd wrote:
Lesson 1; How to hijack a popular forum :twisted:

<watches helplessly as Sigurd extends his Evil Empire> Oh, wait, I'm one of the Mostly Trusted Lieutenants..... Nevermind..... <grins diabolically as Sigurd extends his Evil Empire>

Sigurd wrote:
Actually, I made the forum popular.. I became an admin in the early days...

See above.

Sigurd wrote:
Also Matthew I. (The Legionnaire) was an admin before, who got admin status toghetter with me.
http://www.spacefellowship.com/Forum/pr ... rofile&u=4
Only.. he became insactive as well...

Yeah, I remember him.... Kinda.........

Sigurd wrote:
So I was the only person left... to keep this forum alive... and all the X PRIZE did was pushing it more and more away.; as if it's not theirs;. cause they just didn't knew anymore....

And keep it alive you did.

Sigurd wrote:
Also the problems with Odyssey Spacelines, International Space Agency (wannebees), who tried to abuse this forum, but I allowed people to laugh with them, didn't made us popular at the X PRIZE.

Don't forget BRNA. Ah, good times.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107