Community > Forum > Official JP Aerospace Forum > Things I learn from JP Aerospace flights

Things I learn from JP Aerospace flights

Posted by: StevenJ - Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:05 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Things I learn from JP Aerospace flights 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Things I learn from JP Aerospace flights   Posted on: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:05 pm
Over the years I've been amazed at what I've learned from John's flights; many things that come from students of all ages through his PongSat program.
For example:
http://doctroid.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/pongsat-7521-adhesive-tape-at-high-altitude/

I was going to do a similar test in our vacuum chamber but this was done by one of John's thousands of ping pong ball experiments that also subjected the tape to cold conditions we can not duplicate in our own chamber.

Thanks for all you do free for students around the world.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Things I learn from JP Aerospace flights   Posted on: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 am
Hey that's quite interesting! I've been reading the JP blog for a long time, but I'd never actually seen a write-up of any of the Pongsat experiments. It's an interesting result too, I would have expected some degradation at least. Perhaps the exposure time is too low. If they can manage their next Ascender and DSS, maybe there will be some longer flights to try this on?

Moderator: jpowell