Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > what to do, what to do.

what to do, what to do.

Posted by: TJ - Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
what to do, what to do. 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post what to do, what to do.   Posted on: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 am
I'm toying with the idea of heading off to the upcoming LLC. Just priced out airline tickets into Albuquerque at just over $500, figure budget another $500 for rental car, hotel along with food an such.

O.K. that is just about do-able.

Problem is my wife and I are expecting our first child on October 2nd.

She said I could go if I found cheap enough tickets. I'm usually not very good at that and I'm sure she could find tickets for a bit less but it wouldn't change the overall cost all that much. She's a free-lance writer and I've done a few years of free-lance photography in the paintball world and if I can find someone to buy pictures/story from an unknown in the space/tech world of publishing such as myself she'd fully support me running about 3/4 of the way across the country. Even though my Mom will be staying at my place when the LLC happens anyway I still don't think it'd be a good idea to run off leaving my wife at home.

I'm almost certainly staying home, although it is nice to think about going. :?

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:55 am
TJ,

Unfortunately the LLC is not open to the general public this year. It will however be broadcast on the internet.

Listen to the Space Show (fast forward to 14:35)
http://thespaceshow.com/detail.asp?q=1002

:-(

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:14 am
I rarely listen The Space Show these days. But this one had some pretty interesting information buried at the end of it. Apparently one of Armadillo's landers might eventually get fitted with some decent legs :-)

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 am
dannyTX wrote:
TJ,

Unfortunately the LLC is not open to the general public this year. It will however be broadcast on the internet.

Listen to the Space Show (fast forward to 14:35)
http://thespaceshow.com/detail.asp?q=1002

:-(

Figures.

Although that does make it easy.

On the other hand there is a chance I could scrounge up some 'press credentials'. Granted I doubt 'freelance paintball photographer' would pull much weight in this venue. :lol: