Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Armadillo on BBC 2 in the UK

Armadillo on BBC 2 in the UK

Posted by: Rowan B - Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:12 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Armadillo on BBC 2 in the UK 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Armadillo on BBC 2 in the UK   Posted on: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:12 pm
Horizons is a well-respected BBC science documentary program; in fact, probably the biggest of it's kind in the UK. Tonight they happened to be doing Space Tourism, and there was a nice little piece on Armadillo Aerospace.

Nothing groundbreaking or new, but a nice summary really; wish I'd known about the space tourism bit in advance, or I'd have recorded it. D'oh.

Was good to see the vids though, especially the one they must have filmed of engine testing going on. Though if I remember rightly, the last shot they showed was a crushable nose cone being tested... so the order can't have been right :D

The rest of the programme concentrated on Rotor Rocket, XCOR and obviously Scaled Composites and Virgin Galactic, but good to see Armadillo getting the #2 or #3 billing. And yes John, if you build it, they will come :)

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 pm
I've seen it, AND recorded it on my computer :) (only a small part of the beginning missing)

But the file is 1 gig... I can try to compress it.. and use wmv.. but still.. my hosting provider I use for spacefellowship.com / xprizenews.org wouldn't allow such a bandwidth usage for people to download it... and I don't know if I can legally share it publicly.. if someone wants to have it.. and has a good server available, I can always try to upload it... (if it's not 1 kb/s or so ;))

Profile WWW