Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant

John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm
I know it's been stated and many of you hate me for it but as the years go by I'm hoping it will eventually dawn on you that I am right. so once in a while I'll repeat the state of the situation in the hopes that we will see some change in direction that matters.

space rocketry is an expensive endeavor yet despite govs of the world spending hundreds of billions AA was started because they felt govs were doing it wrong. AA doesn't quite realize that's why they did it but it is.

so will flying rocket planes to wow sarah palin voting nascar crowds serve that purpose?
will bouncing wealthy clueless people up and down to see the sky above become dark for a few seconds do that?
if the excuse that those are stepping stones to what really matters is even valid, then how many decades of our lives will pass before something that really matters will be done?

I hold it to be self evident that RRL and rocket jumping will do nothing to satisfy the desire for true progress we all have.

but an ultra lean orbital rocket for feather weight satellites with lovely live HD video of the earth or light weight 1meter telescopes for looking up and down would. all of which would be quite cheap and profitable.

nothing but orbit will do (except for a partial exception of ultra fast long distance space plane ballistic flights)

we have passed 10 years of AA so far with nothing that really matters. how long before even the first rocket jumping can begin? and then how long before work begins on something that actually matters? decade? two?

how long do we live? can we afford to be this stupid?

think people. your lives depend on it

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:14 pm
Dan, unless you have something new to say, I respectfully request that you sit back and wait quietly for Armadillo to realize how right you are and start launching microsats. After all, your victory is inevitable, is it not? Since that is the case, your continued postings seem unnecessary at best and nagging at worst -- even if they come only twice a year.

Thanks,
Rob Jellinghaus

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm
I'm just trying to save a couple of tens of billions of man years here.

3bn man years of life has passed since my last reminder and AA is still pointless with no outlook for movement into something that would actually make a difference.
bouncing tourists in the atmosphere only makes Nasa's lying point that real space is too hard and you should all give up.

if John decides AA is just a toy thing then that is his decision but he should at least do himself and others the favor of realizing that AA is not making a difference until he decides to go for real space.
and ultra light weight space telescopes is the ideal sword with which to kill nasa because it is uniquely easy and marketable. it is well within his financial and technical means and it would be a fall-to-the-knees awesome pivotal moment in history when that first live video capability comes online and you just know that the nasa bastards are squirming in the light of the truth of their high cost status quo illusion of due diligence.
it would instantly change the world same as Who Killed the Electric Car did and An Inconvenient Truth.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 pm
Dan! Great to hear from you again. How is your Freeranger coming along?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Lourens wrote:

Yeah, I want to know too! We're just trying to save you 6bm man years here!

Profile ICQ
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:44 pm
because my millions of dollars could be spent better?
thanks guys. you showed me

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:41 pm
Dan, you have no talent for trolling. Find something else to do, there must be something you can become good at.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:38 am
You know, I was just thinking, what I really need in my life *right now*, is another post from Dan. Then one turns up WHILE I AM ON HOLIDAY.

How unfair is that?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 am
He, our funny man is back! Hi Dan :)

How's the fund raising going, any Dan follower/worshipers yet or still a lonely genius?

cheers,

c.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:22 pm
Lourens wrote:

The last update on his website was over a year ago. I assume he is dedicating his immense intellectual powers to solving an even more important problem. Perhaps if he tried to tackle the problem of holding down a normal job for a year and saving some money he might be able to fund one of his projects. But if he did that, he'd run the risk of discovering that his delusions are just delusions. It's easier to fantasize about being the holotype for Homo Superior.

johno

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 am
It could be he is only allowed near a computer every 6 months. Some sort of day release perhaps after 6 months of good behaviour?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 pm
I think this recent post of Dan was better in a lot of ways than (most of) his previous ones. You know he didn't even right out insult anybody this time.

While I may still not agree with most of his opinions (I especially don't get the point about live hd video from orbit or the 1 m ultra light telescope...) he posted in a way so that I can actually accept and respect as a valid different standpoint (if that sentence makes any sense at all, guess I tried to pack too much into one).

To be honest: I do actually share the feeling that he has about how everything seems to take way more longer than I had expected.

I do understand that Virgin Galactic needs to take it slow on testing with their approach to it, but what has happened at AA (or MSS) since the end of the NGLLC? A few high-ish altitude hops, with engine relights in flight. Apart from that there is either nothing going on or we just don't get any updates any more. Don't they have time for updates any more or is it because all that stupid secrecy stuff from "old space" is slowly creeping back into new space companies, which long ago set out to do things differently? I don't know. All I know is that the WHOLE "space sector" feels like it is slowly crawling into a standstill. :(

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:19 pm
It's not nice to poke fun at Dan. He can't help the way he is. He deserves our pity, not our jokes.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm
Marcus Zottl wrote:
I do understand that Virgin Galactic needs to take it slow on testing with their approach to it, but what has happened at AA (or MSS) since the end of the NGLLC? A few high-ish altitude hops, with engine relights in flight. Apart from that there is either nothing going on or we just don't get any updates any more. Don't they have time for updates any more or is it because all that stupid secrecy stuff from "old space" is slowly creeping back into new space companies, which long ago set out to do things differently? I don't know. All I know is that the WHOLE "space sector" feels like it is slowly crawling into a standstill. :(

MSS I can't comment on, I would assume they find themselves in a bit of a vacuum right now - "money won, goal achieved, so.. what now? alcohol and the opposite(or same, depending on preference) sex for a while?"

John said he was cutting back on the sharing, both because of RR restrictions and his own doubts about the wisdom of it. I don't doubt he's still very busy doing things he finds interesting and beneficial, and he'll share the more spectacular events as they happen.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:04 am
I guess Marsten pipping AA at the post with regards to the Xprize, and the *possibility* that Marsten did it because of information released by Armadillo, means that we will get fewer AA updates of less detail. The occasional video on YouTube does keep the interest up though!

Basically, lack of news doesn't mean nothing is happening. In any company work is going on to do stuff that is never heard about by the general public until it's ready to go. Look at Blue Origin. Now that AA are running commercially, the news is bound to reduce.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next