Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > How many years John

How many years John

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
How many years John 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:24 pm
CinqueX, I think those are somewhat loaded questions as opposed to genuine curiosity. Nor have I sought to defend or prove my right to such a title. And while most think they would be able to understand the merit of achievements they likely would not in my case. So you will forgive me if it smells a little like an invitation to wrestle with a pig :)
Not to mention exceedingly off topic.

perhaps you could reveal your real name first?

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 pm
Of course. My first name in Enrico, and while it is not followed by Fermi, I am not sure that even if it was, you would not challenge my own intellect.

I do not ask these questions out of idle curiosity, but rather to address a particular claim made by you which seems precisely "on topic" given that you are the originator of this thread and these comments can be attributed to you.

Quote:
..if the stress of dealing with the stupidity of man doesn't kill me first there's a decent chance I will eclipse even Einstein. I suggest you start to apply your mind. One day you will be held accountable for your choices, especially those that oppose the righteous.

Quote:
No, Rob, I'm actually quite the genius.

While the qualifications for genius are somewhat subjective, there are standard measurements by which the scientific community at large measure the propensity for genius. The questions I asked you, merely would go some ways to establish some credibility, and establish a path by which those might come to the same determination concerning your statement.

Now perhaps you meant you are a genius in the realm of art or music, or engineering, and if that's the case we can visit those standards by their own criteria.

Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:52 pm
Well, real genius is the ability to get funding out of a government, especially in rocketry.

Lookit Von Braun and Korolyov.

Profile ICQ YIM
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:56 pm
..particularly during the current geo-political climate. Given that getting any grant for science without direct revenue returns are difficult enough, I cringe at the thought of the paperwork involved in securing hydrazine for a bunch of rocket "hobbyists" (read:anybody not directly working for NASA).

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: freeranger questions   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:02 pm
Hi Dan!

How are you, how's development going?

Quote:
....early adopters risk their lives to do the right thing. you would know this had you thought about it instead of blaming me for the truth.

Be careful with this, make sure your design is safe, dead people are not good for publicity!

Quote:
interesting idea on the forum but I'm quite busy developing and getting funding dragged out of the idiots who should be funding it and who even call for green projects to be funded. I have applied from quite a few by now.

come on man, show us some of applications, i'm interested! sure you have some interesting information to share! Not all of it of course, we don't want someone steeling your design and taking credit for all you work ;)

Quote:
grip should be fine with the right tires. it is my understanding that in the simple case of friction physics, given a specific tire material, the G-grip of a car is invariant with regard to the tire width, diameter and weight of the car.

what should i do here, praise you for figuring out the basic law of friction or question your understanding of physics. By using the words "to my understanding" you don't express a lot of knowledge about physics Dan. Please tell me I'm wrong :cry:

Anyways, still interested in your design and numbers Dan ;)

hope to hear from you soon!

cheers,

c.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Hi Dan!

I have to share this video of yours, this is the only way we can convince them you are undoubtedly a genius don't you think. Please don't miss understand me Dan, i'm a bit into the DIY electronic my self, not too much tough but i really DO enjoy so see people create stuff

Hope you don't mind i explain a little here and there (and please, correct me if i'm wrong)

well, what do we see (and not).. we see a circuit consisting of three major components

1) a Fet for switching a high current on and off
2) a missing micro controller
3) a Mosfet driver

The idea: make a micro controller switch a high current signal on and off

source: http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=13014 (Dan at work)
Quote:
a small core circuit prototype powered by rectified 230V AC switching on and off a 500w halogen light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xVcmLu4hVs

Awesome!!

Now, we are 1,5 years down the road, how have you progressed? You probably don't believe me and think i'm taking the piss , but i would really enjoy it if you showed us working version off your controller!!

cheers,

c.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:58 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Not to mention exceedingly off topic.
perhaps you could reveal your real name first?

I thought the only subject for this thread was your ego.

We have went from Why AA should drop everything and work on orbital (they would have missed out on that million dollars but hey), then your microsatilites, then your electric car, then your qualifications.

Title of thread should be changed to All About Dan Frederiksen

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:53 am
Hi all, my first post long time lurker.

First off some time I get disappointed that AA is not moving forward faster then I remember the enormity of what they are doing and realize that my disappointment is born from my excitement of the project not a lack of progress vision or effort from the AA team.

The Freeranger

things I like the car looks nice and you have some nice renderings.

However its clear that this is the first vehicle you have designed but more importantly there is very little evolution/resigned in the ideas you are showing. Lets talk about some of the larger spesific problems with your design if it ever to get any where.

Aerodynamics the front will clearly generate lift at speed having said that aerodynamics is not my area so I'm not best placed to discuss this.

Contact patch this is very small with the wheals you are using you will not get the acceleration you wish for with this contact patch. Also suspension at both ends of you vehicle is going to be very prone to dive / squat further reducing your contact patch.

Your superstition apply a bending load half way along a beam with no further triangulation go and find out why this is bad and come up with abetter design look at push or pull rods

wheals look like they are bike wheels what axle angular loading will they take not your vehicle does not lean for bends so your likely to be loading them while that are close to updight

compersit structures rely on being well integrated with the loading points having a large contact patch to spread the load rather than adding steel bracing how about bonded in bulkheads possibly even wooden one to keep the weight down. Look at planes and wooden cars (macros) for examples further increase your integration by using things like seats structurally.

You will need some spars to increase the rigidity of the structure this will be more efficient that just bonding in a thick floor as it will also improve the crash resistance of the car. Look at other material i.e. Kevlar to improve penetration resistance.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Electric Cars   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:06 pm
The electric car is coming - all the problems have been solved. Check out http://www.betterplace.com/ It's an Israeli company, it has full funding, its creator and CEO is an experienced businessman, and it has the support of Israel, Denmark, California, Australia, and then (hopefully) the rest of the world. It will make gas cars obsolete. The key idea that makes it different is that the car makers make the cars, and Better Place takes care of the battery infrastructure. It's due to start all over Israel in 2011. So Dan, how is your car gonna best Better Place?
P.S. Also Japan is in.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm
Do you realize that this is the fourth longest thread in this forum? And it is a troll thread? Can we let this die? Please.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John etc   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Supershuki, I'll answer yours since that seems to be in good spirit.
PBP doesn't solve everything. it has some key problems which I believe will make it ultimately fail but ironically can work well enough to quicken the transition to EVs.
1) it's not possible to own the car fully because you swap the batteries so you are always contractually bound. could work but not ideal
2) sudden spikes of swaps in a region (a large conference) means that all swap stations would need a lot of batteries or risk stranding a lot of cars. that's a big investment you have to pay for or a limitation.
3) it doesn't work outside PBP regions, meaning here in Denmark, we can't leave the country with it (similar to not leaving a state in USA).
4) the car design is hampered by commitment to a swap standard. mine for instance would need a different type of pack and for each type, it adds to the investment of the swap stations. and guess who pays for that :)
The PBP concept is far from ideal. The simple straight forward plugin series hybrid is far more universally viable.

while my concept is a specialized use vehicle (commuter and similar), I best PBP by having such a small battery pack (because the car is so efficient) that it could reasonably be recharged in 10 minutes, for instance from 10% to 90% SOC (state of charge). batteries are in mass production that can handle that charge without problems and only requires about 15kW recharging station to do it in 10minutes.
as little as a moped engine size backup generator would allow it range freedom as a plugin hybrid.
and I beat it handily on energy consumption, making the transition to a CO2 free society very easy. (since the bulk of driving is one person per car anyway)

global warming is actually easily solved. the technology is there to shift all our activity to CO2 free without any compromises even. the problem is the [censored] humans who fight the easy intelligent choices by relying on their mindless prejudice.
the benefits of intelligent design are actually far greater than just averting global warming. practical flying cars are easy when you design lean for instance. is that not cooler than a hummer.. and that's just a tiny fraction of unbounded potential there is in applying our minds instead of the sheeping going on now.
while many will find it very offensive, I say as a matter of fact that as I have risen in awareness through determined thought, I can see how truly stupid mankind is and how easy it would be for us to do infinitely better. I can see certainties that most of you would think impossible. Unlimited advancement is possible within a short time span if only you people would love reason and seek it diligently without pride or prejudice.
Verily I say to you that eternal life and unlimited power will be bestowed upon you if you choose to make reason and truth your God and kneel before it. Most of you will not understand but the truth of it will linger in your souls and maybe some day benefit you. The technology level of star trek the next generation could be outdone in our lifetime. not that it's really about technology but it's something you can understand.

it is not really hard, it is just a choice. same as it is a choice for John to go for orbit instead of pointless high risk bouncing. He has the means. Those of you with a minimum of mental clarity can do the math on diffraction limits (optical angular resolution) and realise that a mirror space telescope can be so light that a small rocket can lift it to orbit, yet still have enough sensor resolution, spectral capability, bandwidth and angular resolution to beat hubble in many disciplines and often greatly. if you just think. you can't trust your instant reaction to novelty. you must think.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:52 pm
Dan,

I was going to go into what our plans are going forward and the logical progression of technology development we intend to pursue, but I think everyone else answered for us and you can just find out when were done. For everyone else, I'm sure you've read the updates on the web site and can actually glean from them what our goals are.

Russell Blink
Armadillo Aerospace

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:53 pm
Come on Dan, i asked you a few simple questions, am i not worthy? Give me some answers to my humble question, enlighten me!!

I even watched your prophecy on youtube!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanFrederiksen
give us those cellphone sized fusion reactors!!!

Have to say, your English is not bad for a Danish dude! Your Danish aren't you?

cheers,

c

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: How many years John etc   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm
1)You don't own all the gas that you're gonna buy for the lifetime of the car, either. And unlike gas, there will be different companies making different batteries, so there will be competition (take THAT OPEC!)
2) There will be alot of batteries in a region, because each swap station (the places that swap the batteries) will have to carry and be charging a number of batteries at a time. And when I say region, I mean country. Who will pay? Investors- and Better place is already fully funded thorough investment to have Israel going by 2011. Israel is always ahead of the rest of the world in high tech by a few years, and ahead of the United States by decades. Did you know that Disk on Key, the first flash memory card company, was an Israeli company? It got bought out by SanDisk. Israel is cool. :lol:
3) This is a limitation. The idea doesn't work without infrastructure. That's why better place is building the infrastructure first, over countries. Additionally, besides Denmark, all the initial countries are islands- Israel is an island in the sense that people don't drive to Arab countries. California isn't, but everybody has another car, which means that they can use their better place car in California, and if they have to go out of state (I used to live in Los Angeles, and we NEVER went out of state, except for summer vacation) then they use their gas car. The plan is to expand the infrastructure rapidly, so that cars will eventually be able to swap batteries all over the world.
4) Better Place won't standardise the battery, rather will be able to switch different kinds of batteries from different manufacturers. Look at the videos on their website and on youtube to learn more.

Also it takes your car 10 minutes to refuel. A better Place car can swap batteries in 40 seconds.

About genuis- Genius can be interpreted differently by different people. For example, Shakespeare may have been intelligent, but he incorporated anti semetic themes and the idea of fate, along with other idiocies, in his writings, so I consider him to be an idiot. How do you define genius? Thomas Edison defined it as 1% mental, 99% hard work. A famous hockey player once defined it as 99% mental, and the other half as skill.
All the best.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Supershuki, I'll answer yours since that seems to be in good spirit.
PBP doesn't solve everything. it has some key problems which I believe will make it ultimately fail but ironically can work well enough to quicken the transition to EVs.
1) it's not possible to own the car fully because you swap the batteries so you are always contractually bound. could work but not ideal
2) sudden spikes of swaps in a region (a large conference) means that all swap stations would need a lot of batteries or risk stranding a lot of cars. that's a big investment you have to pay for or a limitation.
3) it doesn't work outside PBP regions, meaning here in Denmark, we can't leave the country with it (similar to not leaving a state in USA).
4) the car design is hampered by commitment to a swap standard. mine for instance would need a different type of pack and for each type, it adds to the investment of the swap stations. and guess who pays for that :)
The PBP concept is far from ideal. The simple straight forward plugin series hybrid is far more universay viable.

while my concept is a specialized use vehicle (commuter and similar), I best PBP by having such a small battery pack (because the car is so efficient) that it could reasonably be recharged in 10 minutes, for instance from 10% to 90% SOC (state of charge). batteries are in mass production that can handle that charge without problems and only requires about 15kW recharging station to do it in 10minutes.
as little as a moped engine size backup generator would allow it range freedom as a plugin hybrid.
and I beat it handily on energy consumption, making the transition to a CO2 free society very easy. (since the bulk of driving is one person per car anyway)

global warming is actually easily solved. the technology is there to shift all our activity to CO2 free without any compromises even. the problem is the [censored] humans who fight the easy intelligent choices by relying on their mindless prejudice.
the benefits of intelligent design are actually far greater than just averting global warming. practical flying cars are easy when you design lean for instance. is that not cooler than a hummer.. and that's just a tiny fraction of unbounded potential there is in applying our minds instead of the sheeping going on now.
while many will find it very offensive, I say as a matter of fact that as I have risen in awareness through determined thought, I can see how truly stupid mankind is and how easy it would be for us to do infinitely better. I can see certainties that most of you would think impossible. Unlimited advancement is possible within a short time span if only you people would love reason and seek it diligently without pride or prejudice.
Verily I say to you that eternal life and unlimited power will be bestowed upon you if you choose to make reason and truth your God and kneel before it. Most of you will not understand but the truth of it will linger in your souls and maybe some day benefit you. The technology level of star trek the next generation could be outdone in our lifetime. not that it's really about technology but it's something you can understand.

it is not really hard, it is just a choice. same as it is a choice for John to go for orbit instead of pointless high risk bouncing. He has the means. Those of you with a minimum of mental clarity can do the math on diffraction limits (optical angular resolution) and realise that a mirror space telescope can be so light that a small rocket can lift it to orbit, yet still have enough sensor resolution, spectral capability, bandwidth and angular resolution to beat hubble in many disciplines and often greatly. if you just think. you can't trust your instant reaction to novelty. you must think.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 pm
Yes, flying cars are practical, and they've also been invented- by an Israeli company. See http://www.urbanaero.com/Urban_Main.htm Israel Rocks! :lol:

Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next