Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Quakecon Keynote

Quakecon Keynote

Posted by: AGr - Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:47 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Quakecon Keynote 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Quakecon Keynote   Posted on: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:47 am
Is anyone else from this forum going to the quakecon Carmack keynote this thursday? If so let me know, I will be there

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Cross-over Game Players   Posted on: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 pm
No, I'm not a game player myself, but am grateful to those of you who are; as it was your dollars that made Armadillo Aerospace possible. Thank You.

Can't recall if this subject was ever directly discussed before. But I wonder how many of us interested in the new commercial space sector are also dedicated gaming folks?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Cross-over Game Players   Posted on: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:38 am
tom karns wrote:
Can't recall if this subject was ever directly discussed before. But I wonder how many of us interested in the new commercial space sector are also dedicated gaming folks?

I'm the CEO of Gabitasoft Interactive, a Belgian Game Studio, and I know of several users who're gamers or also working in the game industry, so certainly quite a lot.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Quakecon Keynote   Posted on: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 am
I used to play quite a bit (including Quake, although I was never any good at it), and if you go back into the Lionhead Studios forums then you will find several thousand posts by me. The last "big" game that I wasted a significant amount of time on was F-Zero GX, on a house mates GameCube back at university. These days I really only play simple puzzle/arcade games, with X-Moto being my current poison of choice.

So I too was reading John Carmack's .plan files long before he decided to build a hardware number 7...